arm9loaderhax not booting

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 1nt4x, Mar 6, 2017.

1. 1nt4x
    OP

1nt4x Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys, anyone got an idea why my n3ds refuses to boot?
    I installed arm9loaderhax a while ago (with this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki)
    but I can´t remember what I did last time, so it wont boot now. Just a blackscreen. I attached my sd layout. thanks!

Attached Files:

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  3. 1nt4x
    OP

1nt4x Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Gambia, The
    So i need to "upgrade" from rei to luma? Is there any option to see my current reinand version?

edit: nvm, I just renamed the "rei" folder to "luma" and replaced the arm9loaderhax.bin with the one from luma.zip, I can start the 3ds now :) any other advice what I can update now? Or let everything be, since it works now? ;)

Last edited by 1nt4x, Mar 6, 2017
  4. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    If you replaced the arm9loaderhax.bin with the 6.6 Stable from Luma then you don't have to do anything.. You are using A9LH+Luma now. If you're going to update to 11.3 though, consider updating to a Luma nightly to fix some issues that 11.3 brings.

1nt4x likes this.
  5. 1nt4x
    OP

1nt4x Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Gambia, The
    ok, basically I followed the luna guide (https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax) I have the new fbi app and luna updater and homebrew, however I got the "sysNAND" folder on the homescreen and
    my installed games are gone... :/ software version is 9.2.0-20E... anyone knows how to fix that? :D

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Were you using an emuNAND with ReiNAND?in which case you need to follow the "Move emuNAND" section.

7. 1nt4x
    OP

1nt4x Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Gambia, The
    yes, I was using an emuNAND with ReiNAND, but I already followed the other instructions.
    Now the EmuNAND restore option says that the SD is not formatted for EmuNAND, and restore failed.

8. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    format your SD for emunand and restore it?

9. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    You need sysnand restore (keep a9lh)

10. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Make sure you're restoring to sysNAND not emuNAND.

11. 1nt4x
    OP

1nt4x Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Gambia, The
    ok, I´m soo confused right now... anyway, restoring sysNAND now, lets see what happens after that... :D
    If this doesn´t work out, is there any way of starting all over again? Do I just format my SD card and start following the 3ds.guide site?

edit: nope, still not what it used to be...

Last edited by 1nt4x, Mar 6, 2017
  12. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    One a9lh is installed it's installed, formatting your SD card won't uninstall it.

13. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Whoever answered you first should have told you to make a dump your emunand FIRST, not after. If you never dumped your EMUNAND before formatting your SD card and finishing the guide, it's gone. Even creating a new one, won't restore the old one it will be a fresh new emunand partition and won't help you. You were supposed to: Dump EmuNAND, install A9LH, from 9.2 restore emuNAND AS SysNAND and continue with the guide (update, etc).

If you're just going to throw A9LH at everyone at LEAST make sure you can offer additional advice when it comes to their setup.

Last edited by Majickhat55, Mar 7, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  14. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Generally speaking - You're not wrong. But I've re-read this thread at least three times and I can't see anything wrong with the advice given. The OP did not specify what their setup was before using A9LH on opening post, and no one also threw A9LH at him; He installed it himself. By the time Quantumcat told him to use Move EmuNAND section it seems as if he had already formatted his SD card. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here but to me it seems like the OP wen't "solo" on it without really knowing what he was doing or how his previous setup worked which caused him to lose his emuNAND.