Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Samus & Co. apparently have a way to boot without the SD card in and are laying the ground work in his repo. Also I think there was a new bootCTR9 build.
Well, plans have changed... we're going to be doing something a bit different, basically if something happens to the stage 2 payload, like a bad update, you hold home and it reflashes stage 2 back into place, which is useful not only for testing but recovery, just in case

solsolis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully got my OTP and compiled the a9lh.3dsx. The problem is, MenuHax is still present.

When I power on the o3DS without pressing any buttons, it doesn't do anything; an endless black screen.
If I press "L", it will normally boot but will load CtrBootManager(as I had set MenuHax to auto-load the boot.3dsx so I can coldboot emuNAND).
If I press "L+B", it will load sysNAND(because I had set sysNAND to be loaded with the "B" button)

This is what files exist in my SDcard:
OfWJfPg.png

And this is how the (Au)ReiNand looks like:
KO8OEiI.png

Do I have to uninstall MenuHax completely as well as delete all the not-used-anymore-because-I-have-a9lh files on the root of the SDcard? I just want to get a proper A9lH experience(for example press L=load emuNAND, press R=load sysNAND etc etc; or even better auto-load emuNAND without pressing any buttons)
Just change your theme in sysNAND.

solsolis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, plans have changed... we're going to be doing something a bit different, basically if something happens to the stage 2 payload, like a bad update, you hold home and it reflashes stage 2 back into place, which is useful not only for testing but recovery, just in case
Interesting so SD detection was kind of useless?

powerdoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys thx btw for all the good work and the infos provided ,

I have gathered successful my otp.bin and compiled the arm9loaderhax from samus.

Now I'm at the point to install it.

My question , have I to put all files from output to my sd card or only the 3dsx file ?

Sorry for the noobish question but this is not realy clear for me.

Thx for helping me

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys thx btw for all the good work and the infos provided ,

I have gathered successful my otp.bin and compiled the arm9loaderhax from samus.

Now I'm at the point to install it.

My question , have I to put all files from output to my sd card or only the 3dsx file ?

Sorry for the noobish question but this is not realy clear for me.

Thx for helping me
Only the. 3dsx

solsolis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it yet, but I deleted all the files in the SDcard apart from HBL. I don't know how to boot emuNAND with (Au)ReiNand. I press "L" and boots sysNAND. I press "R" and does nothing. Something on my end?
It should boot emuNAND when you do nothing. Holding R will boot sysNAND with 10.4 FIRM which if your sysNAND is on 9.0-10.1 won't boot

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
It should boot emuNAND when you do nothing. Holding R will boot sysNAND with 10.4 FIRM which if your sysNAND is on 9.0-10.1 won't boot
I got the arm9loaderhax.bin taken from (Au)ReiNand's file in the root of the SDcard, an "installeda9lh" file (0 KB) inside SDcard\rei\ and "firmware90.bin" inside SDcard\rei\. I don't think I need anything else(?)

Last edited by fr3quency,

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to compile it for the o3DS though. I hope those "new3ds" files don't screw me up. Also, I have already installed a9lh.3dsx using this script: http://gbatemp.net/threads/compile-a9lh-on-demand.416385/ , so if I compile it myself(assuming those "New 3DS" files are OK for the old 3DS) do I have to re-install it?
Well, since you're using my repo it'll be slightly different... also the new3ds files are required, even for o3ds, since what we're exploiting is the arm9loader (or technically the kernel9loader) and that's embedded in the new 3ds firmware

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging