Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The installer worked for you, but the screen init in the installer did not for some reason...

hmm this is getting interesting, it seems isolated to the n3ds now. Everyone who's tried it on o3ds has reported success (that's what it was made on too)
worked on my New3DS(normal size) too

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
What should I expect?
I have done this on my three 3dses. N3DS, N3DS XL and O3DS XL and all three boots to AuReiNand with splash-screen..

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
So are you just using an updated sysNAND and nothing else? How would you go about running the a9loaderhax installer .3dsx again, if for some reason that ever became a requirement? (I'm assumming it only works through a 9.2 sysNAND and not emuNAND).

Not really worried for a few reasons

1) Devs would probably find a way to update with something like the installer.bin file we have now
2) What else is left for arm9loader now that the screen works?
3) I have a sysnand 9.2 NAND backup I could always restore to in worst case scenario

Reactions: dark_samus3

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the screen init itself does not output any text? So we know what people expect..
Why would it? If on boot your backlight comes on and the splash screens display correctly then it's pretty obvious it's working....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the installer.bin are the latest a9hl?do i need my otp.bin for install?
rename installer.bin to arm9loaderhax.bin and put that and the stage0x5c000.bin from on the SD card. No you don't need your otp to install since the stage2 payload (what we're updating) is console independent

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
I was just thinking if people expect some form of output they will see "black screen" as failure. If aureinand fails, you'll get black screen.

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why would it? If on boot your backlight comes on and the splash screens display correctly then it's pretty obvious it's working....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

rename installer.bin to arm9loaderhax.bin and put that and the stage0x5c000.bin from on the SD card. No you don't need your otp to install since the stage2 payload (what we're updating) is console independent
thanks i test soon so it is update a9hl?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My n3dsxl just power on then off within seconds, it acts as is arm9loaderhax.bin isn't even there.

Anyways I am sure you guys will figure it out. Do you think we should proceed with just installing it as new via hbl 3dsx?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not really worried for a few reasons

1) Devs would probably find a way to update with something like the installer.bin file we have now
2) What else is left for arm9loader now that the screen works?
3) I have a sysnand 9.2 NAND backup I could always restore to in worst case scenario
Yeah, I'm just playing devil's advocate and it's unlikely to happen, but I just think it would be a major inconvenience if other homebrew came out that for some reason needed 9.2 sysNAND to run.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, the actual installer should have screen output, if it didn't it's a bug and it's in the works

So i tried the update on smaller mem card (tried previously on 128g) and unit doesn't power off anymore. Black light is on but nothing displays. If i tap any key unit powers off. If I tap A unit powers of :(was thinking i could update blindly)

Im using the latest AuReiNand so I would think Id get a splash screen if it installed correctly, or is there a file i need to edit to enable the splash screen?

I just tried decrypt 9 post a few page back and it boot when it powered on? Does that mean the update worked? How to confirm if updated?

Hope that helps.

Last edited by democracy,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i tried the update on smaller mem card (tried previously on 128g) and unit doesn't power off anymore. Black light is on but nothing displays. If i tap any key unit powers off. If I tap A unit powers of :(was thinking i could update blindly)

Im using the latest AuReiNand so I would think Id get a splash screen if it installed correctly, or is there a file i need to edit to enable the splash screen?

Hope that helps.
it installed correctly, now you need to put your old arm9loaderhax.bin file back on the card :)

Teoz Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just used the new payload and have the bootscreen now, would it be possible to make my own bootscreen? Thanks by the way for putting time in to make this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...