Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that screen_init breaks head tracking on n3ds again. Is that true with the new installer?
well, as I've said before, that isn't something arm9loaderhax should (or has the ability to, really) do. That said it's already integrated into several CFWs :) (AuReiNand, cakes and AHPCFW)

Reactions: peteruk

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to confirm this as well, Decrypt9 on boot works great :D https://mega.nz/#!yEoAzAqD!6bA4PefqiBkCr1UYPKYp8vpfE5DKpCj_0p_zpJqpUZc

No need for me to keep emunand around now. Up next a bootmanager would be good to point to different bin files to prevent having to remove sdcard and juggle different ones. Minor issue just now though.
Have you tried decrypting something and actually checking that it decrypted fine?
Should either not work or tell you that it worked but decrypt to garbage.

Reactions: peteruk

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well I'm dumping my sysnand just now. It has options for dumping sys/emu nand and restoring them (no other fancy options). I assume it just works as a basic backup tool.
Well, I use D9 more than for making a complete sys/emuNAND backup or restore (decrypting partitions, decrypting/reencrypting cias...) so I guess emuNAND is still needed for me lol

Reactions: Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I use D9 more than for making a complete sys/emuNAND backup or restore (decrypting partitions, decrypting/reencrypting cias...) so I guess emuNAND is still needed for me lol

Sure, for many emunand will still be king. For a basic user like me it's just nice to be able to be able to backup/restore in case of mistakes/bricks.

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
d0k3 (or mid-kid, I don't remember) said that you can't decrypt using the 3ds itself that early on boot, but you could provide the needed keys to do the work.

Kevin Kong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
This thread is moving so fast, so if i have delebiles a9lhax working all i need to do is grab dark_samu3 installer, rename it to arm9loaderhax.bin to replace my old one in my root file?

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Is the secret_sector.bin something we must provide from something else? And is the sector.bin required to run the installer.bin file? Running the installer (named arm9loaderhax.bin) just brings me a black screen, nothing else. Granted, I didn't add any files other than the ones from installer.zip.

Extra info: I've got normal A9LH installed and AuReinand already working and this is on a N3DSXL.

Last edited by tiduscrying,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg