Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Dayfid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Installed this earlier on my O3DS Xl without a hard mod. The 3DSX file compiled with ease and launched/installed on my first attempt.

Thanks for everyone who made this possible!

Reactions: kiwiis

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
For the screeninit issue, We can not just copy how the 3ds does it, stub or modify the pertinent methods and jump into a payload? Afterwards a sw reboot could do the trick.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Installed on 2DS 9.0.0-20E, resulting in a brick(the installer was created two times from two differents pc, and they have the same crc32, so I don't think this is a building problem)

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the screeninit issue, We can not just copy how the 3ds does it, stub or modify the pertinent methods and jump into a payload? Afterwards a sw reboot could do the trick.
Last I checked it loads kernels before Screen Init so it would defeat the purpose of A9LH, I could be completely wrong though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Installed on 2DS 9.0.0-20E, resulting in a brick(the installer was created two times from two differents pc, and they have the same crc32, so I don't think this is a building problem)
Try Loading from Sysnand 9.2 might just be 9.0 issues, Happened to me with browserhax for some reason

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Last I checked it loads kernels before Screen Init so it would defeat the purpose of A9LH, I could be completely wrong though.

Then I understand why it's so hard. They are trying to get screen init without starting the kernel. If I'm not mistaken, some I/O is needed for screen init and if they want that without starting Ninty's kernel they're gonna have to write their own mini-kernel which provides that functionality from scratch, and then try the screen init with that. Not cool.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you know an user that makes hardmod to italian users? (So from Germany, France, in order to not pay too much for the shipping:P)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I re-dumped my OTP for my N3DS, to make sure I got it right the first time. I re-cloned the arm9loaderhax GitHub and re-built it. I had someone else build it for me with my OTP.bin. I deleted menuhax from my system. I tried using menuhax->ctrbootmanager->arm9loaderhax.3dsx, same thing but HBL->a9lh, Directly from browserhax to HBL, and from browserhax->gridlauncher.

Every time, it gets to "Install Firm1" then the screen goes blank (it never shuts off or reboots... it just freezes on a black screen). Forcing a power off, I am bricked (I'm hard-modded, so don't worry).

N3DS, 9.2 USA sysnand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here