Homebrew arm9hax doesnt work

Matzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you show us a screenshot of your payloads folder(in luma folder), please?

I now deleted EVERYTHING from my sd and put all files from the section "Installing arm9l..." into it.
However, if I go into the browser and launch 2xsa nothing happens. I can still click "select" once. After a second press, the system shuts down. But when I look into my sd, i can see the otp.bin in the a9hl folder.

Attachments

• 3ds_payloads.PNG
    3ds_payloads.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by Matzeus,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything looks good to me. Maybe try other payloads too, like GodMode9(renamed up_GodMode9.bin), Decrypt9WIP(renamed x_Decrypt9.bin), and see if those load. Also a video of it booting might be helpful because I've never heard of/seen it boot up flashing colors.

Matzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everything looks good to me. Maybe try other payloads too, like GodMode9(renamed up_GodMode9.bin), Decrypt9WIP(renamed x_Decrypt9.bin), and see if those load. Also a video of it booting might be helpful because I've never heard of/seen it boot up flashing colors.
Tried GodMode9 but no success..

Here is the video:

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried GodMode9 but no success..

Here is the video:

Wow, that flashing never occurred prior to you trying to install A9LH? Because normally I would say that's something on the hardware side.

I'm at a loss here. Your files look to be in order and it LOOKS like A9LH and Luma are installed(as you have the arm9loaderhax.bin). I don't know what else you can do as you can't restore from a NAND because payloads don't load. There's not much you can do on a N3DS on 2.1 that wouldn't leave you with a brick.

Also, I just freshly install A9LH on my N3DS XL so I'll post a screenshot of my SD card, just making my morning cup of coffee.

Reactions: Matzeus

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
Can you maybe also show me whats inside these folders?
I must have messed up somewhere...

Is it safe to use someone elses Luma3ds configuration file?
Maybe this can help me out..
That should be all of the folders you need to compare. I'm not sure if one can use another's config file for Luma.

Attachments

• full sd card post a9lh(3ds folder).bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
  • full sd card post a9lh(a9lh folder).bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
  • full sd card post a9lh(cias folder).bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • full sd card post a9lh(files9 folder).bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
  • full sd card post a9lh(hblauncher loader folder).bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
  • full sd card post a9lh(luma folder).bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
  • full sd card post a9lh(Nintendo 3DS folder).bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 126
  • full sd card post a9lh(payloads folder in luma folder).bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 125

Matzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks..
I think i totally screwed up my system because I didnt do the NAND-Backup like described in the tutorial. I used the backup I had before and this is probably the problem.

I am now able to get into the SafeA9HInstaller and click select. However it doesnt show me success or anything, just: Click any button to shutdown...
And this is it.
Any suggestions on what I can try out now?

D

Deleted User

Thanks..
I think i totally screwed up my system because I didnt do the NAND-Backup like described in the tutorial. I used the backup I had before and this is probably the problem.

I am now able to get into the SafeA9HInstaller and click select. However it doesnt show me success or anything, just: Click any button to shutdown...
And this is it.
Redo all the prep work.You might be missing something since it didn't tell you the install was successful.When I say prep work I mean this part

1. If it exists, copy the /files9/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer and back it up to multiple locations (such as online file storage); the files inside could save you from total data loss if you break your system
  2. Create a folder named cias on the root of your SD card if it does not already exist
  3. Delete the 3ds folder from the root of your SD card if it exists
  4. Copy the contents of the starterfolder in starter.zip to the root of your SD card
    • This will include a brand new 3dsfolder to replace the one you just deleted
  5. Copy the contents of the SafeA9LHInstaller .7z to the root of your SD card
  6. Copy the a9lh folder from the data_input .zip to the root of your SD Card
  7. Copy the contents of the arm9loaderhax release .7z to a9lhfolder on your SD card
  8. Copy hblauncher_loader.cia from the hblauncher_loader .zip to the/cias/ folder on your SD card
  9. Copy lumaupdater.cia from the Luma3DS Updater .zip to the/cias/ folder on your SD card
  10. Copy FBI.cia from the FBI .zip to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  11. Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma3DS .7z to the root of your SD card, overwrite existing files
  12. Create a folder named luma on the root of your SD card
  13. Create a folder named payloads in theluma folder on your SD card
  14. Copy Hourglass9.bin from the Hourglass9 .zip to the/luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename Hourglass9.bin tostart_Hourglass9.bin
  15. Copy aeskeydb.bin to the /files9/folder on your SD card
  16. Copy DspDump.3dsx to the /3ds/folder on your SD card
  17. Copy the contents of fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip to the /files9/ folder on your SD card

Last edited by ,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks..

And this is it.
It's supposed to install fast, I think if you blink you'll miss the progress bar, it's that fast. It sounds like you successfully installed A9LH and Luma now.

If you don't have a NAND backup it's OK, it's just more tedious to get back to the latest firmware as doing it without a NAND backup breaks DS/DSi Mode which is fixable.

For now let's focus on finishing up the guide. Can you boot into Luma now?

Matzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One step further:
SafeInstaller now says, that the firm0.bin is invalid.

Bump:
redownloading data_input doesnt work..
Still says:
Error: firm0.bin is invalid or corrupted

Any ideas?

Last edited by Matzeus,

Matzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright.
It was an error with my sd card reader. I used another one and now I configured Luma3ds (yay! :) ) It gave me the "Failed to mount CTRNAND" error.
How do I proceed?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright.
It was an error with my sd card reader. I used another one and now I configured Luma3ds (yay! :) ) It gave me the "Failed to mount CTRNAND" error.
How do I proceed?
The guide says to keep going to the next step if you get that error.

Oh wait that's the restore part. Give me a sec I'll link you to what to do.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,
Reactions: Matzeus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)