Hacking Arm9 installation hangup

BerT6801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.... let me start. Orginal 3ds, 10.6.0-32u. Started the guide as always... and Im hung on one step. and without FBI access, I really can't continue. Successfully downgraded to 2.1.0-4U. Arm9Loader is successfully installed. I do have access to Hourglass9, and when I try to install the Health&safety inject it will not let me select the homebrew inject( I have read somewhere this is because I'm on this low of a firmware.) I do have access to Luma3ds 6.6 via select button+boot. So the hax does seem to work. But here is the hiccup.

I can't update. System settings says it hits a error during install.

If I follow the guide it hangs me on the error issues, as my original nand was higher than 9.x Also if i try to do a nand restore from my nandmin.bin, it will not load it. And was stunned me was the nandmin.bin filesize is a meager 45mb. So something is off there. My son started this one so Hes the one that did the backup. but he said it took over 40min. So that sounds right. But it will not let me restore using it. So Im stuck on 2.x and can't update so I can successfully install FBI and Homebrew. Also I do not have access to homebrew

1. If you are an Old 3DS or 2DS user who has done 2.1.0 ctrtransfer, do the following:
    • Copy NANDmin.bin to the /files9/ folder on your SD card
    • Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
    • Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”
    • Restore from NANDmin.bin
    • Press (Start) to reboot
    • If you get a black screen, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer
  2. If your backup is of a version between 3.0.0 and 4.5.0, do the following
    • Download this file and rename it to firmware.bin
    • Download this file
    • Copy firmware.bin and cetk to the /luma/ folder on your SD card
    • Delete both of these files after updating your 3DS
  3. Update your 3DS again by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    • Yes this is safe, stop asking about it.
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
    • If this still gives you an error and your NAND is below 9.2.0, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Update your 3DS again by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    • Yes this is safe, stop asking about it.
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
    • If this still gives you an error and your NAND is below 9.2.0, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer
Do that. (9.2.0 ctransfer)

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
did you move the arrow keys on D-Pad to select which FBI version you're going to install? try again and if you successfuly installed FBI and Luma, try updating using your mobile phone's internet, somehow a version on 2.1 has something in it that does not agree with my wifi router..just make sure you managed to install FBI and Luma updater first..

BerT6801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I may have went from bad to worse. I found a game with a update pokemon omega ruby and did it that way.... no NOTHING will run from the main menu. Not even system settings, when you highlight, it doesnt even show anything in the top screen but the background.. ARRRRHRHRHRHRHRHRHHRHR

BerT6801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it would seem I was in luck. previous backup did include all the ticket files. So I was able to restore to 9.x and then update. FBI and all is installed now. So far everything is great... dodged a bullet on that one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout