ihave3legs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
So I decided to hack my new 3ds xl a few months ago and it all went well, could play games I owned and ones I didn't, use custom themes, cheats and so on but a few weeks ago, I had my console crash quite often, I thought it was a game that I downloaded from a bad source but it also happens on games I downloaded from the eshop, it also happens with and without cheats. I've read a few threads where people had similar problems but all the solutions proposed didn't help. I wanted to test my sd card but when I tried backing up the files on it, a single file didn't want to be copied on my computer, 00000000.app, I tried multiple times but windows refused to do it in the middle of it so I didn't dare delete it and test the card in case it was an important file.
I've attached all the crash dumps that I have saved to see if it helps.
Edit: I've just remembered that I updated luma yesterday to see if it would help but it didn't.

Attachments

• arm11.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited by ihave3legs,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.

For step 1, copy what you can. Write down what directory that 00000000.app came from.
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/<TID_HIGH>/<TID_LOW>/content/00000000.app
Combine the <TID_HIGH> and <TID_LOW> to get the TitleID of the game, DLC, or update in question.
For example, the TitleID for Pokemon Moon is 0004000000175E00. You'll need this when looking for replacement CIA(s) to install later.

ihave3legs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry to answer so late but the test took a bit over 12 hours and I didn't have the time to do it right away.
I did the quadruple format without problems and the test went well, only thing was the app for fire emblem fates that I couldn't copy on my hdd so I decided to delete it, and now that I think about it, it might be what has been causing problems because I think I started having crashes when I began playing it. I'll update this post when I reinstall everything back on my SD card and after a bit of testing.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to answer so late but the test took a bit over 12 hours and I didn't have the time to do it right away.
I did the quadruple format without problems and the test went well, only thing was the app for fire emblem fates that I couldn't copy on my hdd so I decided to delete it, and now that I think about it, it might be what has been causing problems because I think I started having crashes when I began playing it. I'll update this post when I reinstall everything back on my SD card and after a bit of testing.
:!: Do not go straight to reinstalling all your game CIAs. This will overwrite and permanently delete your saves. Reinstalling CIAs also tends to has the side effect of replacing any legit eShop tickets converted to nonlegit.

Here's someone who recently ran into a similiar situation.

5. 4. Delete the *.h2w test files off the SD card.
6. 5. Copy everything back onto the SD card; keep a copy of everything on computer (safety).
7. 6. Follow Path (B) when recreating a new set of title.db & import.db for the SD card. Study the examples listed in the link below. Carefully read and follow the ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: ihave3legs

ihave3legs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
:!: Do not go straight to reinstalling all your game CIAs. This will overwrite and permanently delete your saves. Reinstalling CIAs also tends to has the side effect of replacing any legit eShop tickets converted to nonlegit.

Here's someone who recently ran into a similiar situation.

5. 4. Delete the *.h2w test files off the SD card.
6. 5. Copy everything back onto the SD card; keep a copy of everything on computer (safety).
7. 6. Follow Path (B) when recreating a new set of title.db & import.db for the SD card. Study the examples listed in the link below. Carefully read and follow the ~ INSTRUCTIONS ~.​
I tried copy pasting my backup on my sd card and played pokemon or but it still crashed within minutes so I'm going to backup all my saves with checkpoint and do a clean install on my 3ds.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried copy pasting my backup on my sd card and played pokemon or but it still crashed within minutes so I'm going to backup all my saves with checkpoint and do a clean install on my 3ds.
If you want to avoid a full reinstall of everything, go instead with Path (A). That'll check the titles' .APP contents against their .TMD hash records. Any titles that were found to be corrupt will require installing replacement CIAs or redownloading in eShop. Observe safety rules about preserving the legit tickets and retaining the saves.

Reactions: ihave3legs

ihave3legs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you want to avoid a full reinstall of everything, go instead with Path (A). That'll check the titles' .APP contents against their .TMD hash records. Any titles that were found to be corrupt will require installing replacement CIAs or redownloading in eShop. Observe safety rules about preserving the legit tickets and retaining the saves.

So, uninstalled all hacks before formatting my 3ds, reinstalled everything but only added one game, pokemon OR, only modification I made was some cheats from checkpoint and activated only the 2x walk and run speed but still crashed within 5 minutes.
Been playing without any cheats for the last 10 minutes without troubles so I'm guessing it's due to having cheats enabled. Wondering if there's something I can do because for other games I've played before (SMT 4: apocalypse and devil survivors), I had some cheats on and it never caused any problems.

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_090835.jpg
    IMG_20201014_090835.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125

ihave3legs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Everything is updated so guess I can't do much more, thanks for the help anyways, I'll just limit the cheats I use then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back