Homebrew Arm 11 error that i'snt normal

mmohaupt123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I come to you all in a time of great need. Any help is much appreciated, I'm terrified that I may have bricked my new 2ds xl, as the title suggests that this not the normal arm 11 issue that comes with updating to the console to the newest firmware.

I had an old version of luma on the 2ds because my brother hacked it awhile ago and he didn't want it or use it so I bought it off him. So them the 2ds became mine.

Unfortunately I was trying to download and get the mod of Majora's mask 3d that fixes the game and make it more like the original, but unfortunately I probably did something wrong and the sd card became corrupted. I had to format the sd card losing everything I had on it.

So I decided to do everything back from scratch and personalize for me. So I reformatted the internal storage and started up the whole process of the 2ds like setting date and time and name. After doing all of that I then got a notification on the console to update to the latest firmware(I did not have the reformatted sd card in the console during all of this), and after downloading that firmware I got the arm 11 error.

I believe that some sort of luma is still on the 2ds somehow even after I reformatted everything and it triggered the arm 11 error. Even after putting the boot files for the new luma on the sd card and putting it back in the 2ds it does not solve the problem and I cant find anything online about this either. Any help much appreciated

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I come to you all in a time of great need. Any help is much appreciated, I'm terrified that I may have bricked my new 2ds xl, as the title suggests that this not the normal arm 11 issue that comes with updating to the console to the newest firmware.

I had an old version of luma on the 2ds because my brother hacked it awhile ago and he didn't want it or use it so I bought it off him. So them the 2ds became mine.

Unfortunately I was trying to download and get the mod of Majora's mask 3d that fixes the game and make it more like the original, but unfortunately I probably did something wrong and the sd card became corrupted. I had to format the sd card losing everything I had on it.

So I decided to do everything back from scratch and personalize for me. So I reformatted the internal storage and started up the whole process of the 2ds like setting date and time and name. After doing all of that I then got a notification on the console to update to the latest firmware(I did not have the reformatted sd card in the console during all of this), and after downloading that firmware I got the arm 11 error.

I believe that some sort of luma is still on the 2ds somehow even after I reformatted everything and it triggered the arm 11 error. Even after putting the boot files for the new luma on the sd card and putting it back in the 2ds it does not solve the problem and I cant find anything online about this either. Any help much appreciated
Nintendo did a OFW update to try to brick homebrew users but about an hour or so later there was already a CFW patch to use on the latest firmware

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously? That's just not true
No, it's true they did a firmware update when they stopped doing stuff for the 3ds. That was to reduce the uses of homebrew user so that's why there's a new luma3DS Update (this happened a month or 2 ago)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, it's true they did a firmware update when they stopped doing stuff for the 3ds. That was to reduce the uses of homebrew user so that's why there's a new luma3DS Update (this happened a month or 2 ago)
That's not really how it works, it's not a brick, any time any of the parts of the firmware Luma3DS modifies are changed, Luma needs to be updated as well, it's always been like that. But that doesn't mean Nintendo are intentionally breaking Luma3DS. Clearly they don't care about that since they quit patching entry points.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not really how it works, any time any of the parts of the firmware Luma3DS modifies are changed, Luma needs to be updated as well, but that doesn't mean Nintendo are intentionally breaking Luma3DS. Clearly they don't care about that since they quit patching entry points.
Well it bricks the 3ds/2ds if you do not have access to a pc/laptop until you get access to one

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Formatting the console doesn't uninstall CFW. You need to update the CFW any time you update the console.
Also, are you sure your SD card is legit? Test it with h2testw: https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well it bricks the 3ds/2ds if you do not have access to a pc/laptop until you get access to one
That's not considered as a brick at all. When a new system version is released, is always recommended wait and don't update until it was confirmed that Luma compatibilty isn't broken or a new Luma release that fix compatibility with the new system version appears.

Then, it's just a temporaly broken compatibility that is normaly fixed easily. Not an intended brick

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not considered as a brick at all. When a new system version is released, is always recommended wait and don't update until it was confirmed that Luma compatibilty isn't broken or a new Luma release that fix compatibility with the new system version appears.

Then, it's just a temporaly broken compatibility that is normaly fixed easily. Not an intended brick
Oh ok cause when I asked about this people kept referring it to a brick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1