Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first 5 levels from the new DS version due in Japan is here.

Seems ok, can't say the first 5 levels impressed me that much if you compare it to the original game but then it wasn't meant to be played in this way. I really hope Tatio does the same with the next Space Invaders DS title as I can't wait to see that.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, Arkanoid on the NES has always been one of my favorite games. Something about it really captured my 8-year-old mind.

I was never even that good at it but something about it had me going back to it every time.

Can't wait to check this one out.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks nice
smile.gif
I've always liked Arkanoid, I hope the DS version will be good.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember when I saw the first home computer conversions of the arcade, and how the MSX had nice graphics and the C64 terrible gameplay, while I was enjoying the Spectrum version at home.....
Anyway, this DS version it's bound to be at least as good as the original arcade version.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Loving these online demos, they're a fantastic idea and it's great that more companies are taking them up
smile.gif

I think I prefer Nervous Brickdown. I'm kind of rooted in the classic though, it's just not Arkanoid without a bright blue background and a diagonal layout on level 2
smile.gif
The background music needs to go. Probably the only game where I'd be happy to see a direct port.

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a port on my PC when I was a kid. Was never good at it though.
laugh.gif

These online demos are pretty awesome, but there aren't nearly enough. You think developers would be encouraged to make more when the Wii DS demo channel kicks off?

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Loving these online demos, they're a fantastic idea and it's great that more companies are taking them up
smile.gif

I think I prefer Nervous Brickdown. I'm kind of rooted in the classic though, it's just not Arkanoid without a bright blue background and a diagonal layout on level 2
smile.gif
The background music needs to go. Probably the only game where I'd be happy to see a direct port.

Me 2 I prefer Nervous Brickdown, and I'd rather see a direct port of the Amiga version than that.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone please rip apart that Bgm from the demo, it's awesome and I feel like hearing it without the Sfx
happy.gif

I love Arkanoid-like games, but if there's something I can't stand is bad (or none at all) music. This game is already made of win.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The music is some good trance techno that really fits the mood of the game.
I can never stand a breakout/arkanoid clone without music. It takes too much patience for me.

If the music is this good, I think I'll grab it. Providing they include that there paddle.

That and its not just a breakout clone.
As the swf game shows.
Also static backgrounds are bad.
I want some 3D space and crap.
Or atleast some cool animated backgrounds.
I'll see it when I see it.

Very nice of them to include a flash demo.
Too bad its not Wii browser friendly.

Edit: oh and lots of monster/boss fighting. Its just fun fighting bosses in a ball and paddle game.
Like that simple 2000 arkanoid clone that was called some craptasktic name in the US.
That one was fun, but not so great music wise as this one in this demo, really digging this song.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs