Hacking RELEASE Argon NX - Payload chainloader

D

Deleted User

Ooooooooooooh this would be REALLY nice to have. Use SXGear to boot into this, where then have options anywhere necessary.

Might jump on this once it's confirmed safe.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried it by launching Atmosphere (0.8.2) and Hekate (4.6) on a 6.1.0 Switch with 128GB exFAT microSD card. It works and the GUI is more user-friendly than Hekate one (expecially when it will support touch controls) but it's slower compared to Atmosphere or Hekate "direct" payload.
If you want to try I've made icons (download them from HERE) for some payloads (I've found GBATemp Wiki, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't use them); only 8 images can be displayed correctly, if you put more than eight they will not be aligned and shown above the others.
IMG_20181226_141938.jpg

Last edited by EmanueleBGN,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I shut Switch down ? You still have to use USB-C to get payload to run? I don't understand about this one. It is useful if no USB-C is need. However, I think USB-C is still a must for payload to run anyway, right ?

D

Deleted User

What if I shut Switch down ? You still have to use USB-C to get payload to run? I don't understand about this one. It is useful if no USB-C is need. However, I think USB-C is still a must for payload to run anyway, right ?
You use a payload to boot this, then you use the tool on the switch to load any compatible .bin without needing another payload, until the switch is turned off again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've tried it by launching Atmosphere (0.8.2) and Hekate (4.6) on a 6.1.0 Switch with 128GB exFAT microSD card. It works and the GUI is more user-friendly than Hekate one (expecially when it will support touch controls) but it's slower compared to Atmosphere or Hekate "direct" payload.
If you want to try I've made icons (logos.zip attached file) for some payloads (I've found GBATemp Wiki, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't use them); only 8 images can be displayed correctly, if you put more than eight they will not be aligned and shown above the others.
View attachment 153330
Cheers, I shall be using some of these!

Reactions: spotanjo3

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ooooooooooooh this would be REALLY nice to have. Use SXGear to boot into this, where then have options anywhere necessary.

Might jump on this once it's confirmed safe.
The problem is: You can modify the boot.dat from SX OS to boot hekate (or Argon NX) to load any payload from there instead automatically after plugging in the SX Pro but you can't boot the SX OS payload afterwards as it won't boot without the original boot.dat
Only chance would be to modify the SX Pro firmware itself to look for bootx.dat instead of boot.dat or something like that but I doubt that's possible.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to try I've made icons (logos.zip attached file) for some payloads (I've found GBATemp Wiki, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't use them); only 8 images can be displayed correctly, if you put more than eight they will not be aligned and shown above the others.
View attachment 153330
how do i get linux as a payload?

Reactions: Kubez

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Looks really nice, I hope the original dev adds a "shutdown, restart and reboot" option. Heck even boot normal Switch OS. Because this is what I'm looking for a while. Instead of 10 diffrent dongle options, one just boot the payload and the select what you want to boot.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool but is the dev even active any longer? I hope so.
Just in case, could you post a compiled version including your bug fixes? :)
Yep he active. I can post a compiled version. Is it the "done thing" though?

I don`t know how all this github protocol works. Since someone said forking was rude, its made me cautious. We didn`t have git in 1992 :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh sod it... Here we are...

Changelog:
Screenshot fixed - Bytes were saved per-line the wrong way around (endianness). Buffer emptied before screenshot and after. Gets rid of "saved screenshot" text.
Background now renders. Was a black screen in 0.3 (in an effort to get rid of slow line-by-line rendering)
Compiler warning fixed. (Pointer to integer in new "active frame buffer" code)

Attachments

• argon-nx_mattytrog.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 301
Last edited by mattytrog,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just adding a few more features.

Adding auto correct shutoff.
If console wasn`t shut off correctly (this is for modchip users), you will see...

"Console wasn`t powered off correctly.

Shutting down.

Please power on again to use your console!"

Still more to come...

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I made some themes for Argon and its icons inspired from previous Nintendo consoles: Famicom, NES, SNES and 3DS. You can see and download them from here: emanuelebgn.tumblr.com/post/182781403586
Edit 15/02/19: added Wii U theme
Edit 25/02/19: added GameCube theme

Last edited by EmanueleBGN,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny this has popped up I was interested myself the problem I had it would not boot sxos it kept saying it needed argon/payload.bin I changed the argon.bin to payload booted with my sxgear dongle but it won’t boot sxos up everything else boots all ok. I tried to put the sxos payload in argon/payloads folder but that didn’t work either. Great idea, really handy!

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Pachee @ Pachee: CV64 was a good game given it was the first of it's kind, the first 3d project by kobe and was...