Argh, my neck!

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i went to sleep at around 11:30. And when i woke up, i was in excrutiating pain. and apparently i have a crick in my neck, and it hurts like a mofo when i turn my head left (or make it parallel to my shoulder blade) Do any of you guys have tips for me? i've been useing a heating pad and slowly move it around. but thats about it, i still cant move it very far.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Chiropractic (as in pure mechanical medicine of the body as opposed to the "alternative medicine" version) advice is probably not something best sought on the internet (I would even be hesitant about advice from a genuine physiotherapist/chiropractor; it really is something they need to see).

The two main areas are muscles/similar being too tense and bones not being correctly aligned (although muscles can cause bones and vice versa).
Bones really need to see someone and for muscles it would not be a bad idea, the main problem with muscles for me and people I know is they are not inclined to relax while you are in pain. Fortunately for me I know a few medics with some nice painkillers which allow such things to happen, most garden variety painkillers will not touch such things and I would not suggest messing with dosage/delivery without a medic present which courtesy of the line above.....

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, because it goes away within a day. At least it did for me. Hasn't happened since. Keep doing the heating pad, and trying to move it in small increments, and it will slowly get better within time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout