Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Test your username for uniqueness. The site checks member lists of all the major web 2.0 sites out there for matches of your username. See if your handle is really that original.

Apparently, "Veho" is not unique
blink.gif
Stupid illiterate asses misspelling Veoh as their tag
dry.gif
I came up with it first, dammit!!
hate2.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
12seconds - taken
Diigo - taken
Gmail - taken
Hellotxt - taken
Vimeo - taken
Yahoo - taken

None are mine, aside from Yahoo and Gmail I have never heard of any of them before today. I may have once registered at yahoo (it would have been about 10 years ago and I expect it would have been recycled by now) but never gmail.

On the other hand I just tapped a very long random string into it and those exact sites appeared again, an even longer and even more random (cat walked across the keyboard) threw up more "taken" so I guess the site is broken.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
On the other hand I just tapped a very long random string into it and those exact sites appeared again, an even longer and even more random (cat walked across the keyboard) threw up more "taken" so I guess the site is broken.

You have to realise sometimes people want to make a quick registration just to access certain things on the site and therefore mash the keyboard when asked for a username. I have done this coutless times myself.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
FAST6191 said:
Not necessarily, people make bogus accounts all the time, when they have to register on a forum to read something, or on Youtube to see some 16+ material or something, then delete the confirmation mail and forget them in a few days. Then they make a new one. Most of those are in a "oadjbfhpLASKFJ" format.

On the other hand, the site might just be broken.

EDIT:
QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Jan 1 2009, 02:12 PM) @Xcalibur yeah but very long = 30 or more characters in this case
Yeah, case in point.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am 100% sure my nickname is original but this site says that some websites have the nick registered (some of wich are my accounts), when I search the websites that I do not know(click the link) it says that name is unknown and the users does not exist...

I would hate it when I would see another Laminaatplaat :S

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
lol, mine's not too original (Maktub).

My other nickname, however (deriving from my real name) is far more original (Juan Olvido isn't such a common name after all!
biggrin.gif

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
pieman202 is not unique otherwise there wouldn't be numbers xD but one that i use on some online games, Tremble, had more greens then reds ^^

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Mine seems to only be available at sites that don't allow 3 letter nicknames.

Didn't bother to check the sites I didn't recognise, though.

Law497 is taken 7 times. 1 of which is mine.

Not bad considering the numbers were just die rolls.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
12seconds and Diigo have everything... all my nicks and my real name. mostly unique on the rest.

Law said:
Law497 is taken 7 times. 1 of which is mine.

Not bad considering the numbers were just die rolls.

you take 7 damage + one die roll
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)