Hacking Are you looking to hack your Switch?

Are you looking to hack your Switch?

• I'm getting the first modchip available

Votes: 122 14.9%
  • I'll wait for a proven modchip with an established userbase

Votes: 122 14.9%
  • I'm using a soft-mod solution

Votes: 262 32.0%
  • I'm not interested in modifying my Switch right now

Votes: 136 16.6%
  • I don't own a Switch...

Votes: 177 21.6%

• Total voters

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ogpp.png

GBAtemp Portal Poll
for the week of 20th January 2018

Are you looking to hack your Nintendo Switch?

With all the recent development in the Nintendo Switch hacking scene, in this weeks poll we're looking for the general consensus on Switch modification.

Team Xecuter have announced a modchip solution that comes in both a soldered and solderless version - more news is expected on this modchip very soon on GBAtemp, while other teams have announced various soft-mod solutions.

These exploits will open up the Nintendo Switch to homebrew and make the Nvidia Tegra powered device a potentially incredible portal emulation platform.

The question remains, if you own a Nintendo Switch - are you looking to modify it with one of the above mentioned hacks?

Let us know your thoughts by voting in the poll and leaving your comments below!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wanted to wait for the revision that fixes all the problems but I'll pick one up along with a solderless modchip, assuming backup's work

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm indifferent to hacking my Switch. Doesn't mean I'm not intrigued. I will look into the modchip when it comes out, as long as it works as previously 'advertised'. Soft mods can be great, free alternatives.. But who knows when we'll see one for later firmwares.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is why I got a second Switch, to hack it (either soft- or hardmod). Won’t go online with the hacked Switch or cheat with it, just want to play some games that I think is not worth 60 euro.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I would add " I'm not interested in modifying my Switch (at the moment)" or something like that.
Reasons is because for the moment there's enough good games and there's no reasons for opening to piracy, but maybe later who knows...

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not bothered either way really.

If I'm on a hackable version when something interesting appears then might do it, depends what it offers really.

Being able to run at docked speeds in portable would be nice, even at the cost of battery life, not excited for emulators, same old stuff that is available elsewhere.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes literally the only reason i bought it, i would never have adopted it so quickly if not for the 3.0 announcement , got a 2.3.0
but i am waiting till after TX releases and then for the other developers to respond
i will go with whatever solution offers the most features but will also weigh it with which ever solution is easiest
i will go with the solution that enables backups and homebrew with the least hassle

everything is hanging on the TX release right now , what will happen? who knows
they may already have working software to go along with their hardware and most likely do,like a backup loader

will this be able to be used if a softmod is released will it be like GW where their tools will benefit the rest of the scene, will the softmod devs be salty and try to prevent a TX backup loader from working with their softmod, will the softmod devs release their own backup loader or will someone else release one shortly after a softmod is released
will we all be using TX software or will they lock it down? , so many questions , this can go so many different ways
we won't know anything until the TX release

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg