Are You iOS, Android Or A BlackBerry?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
no one here even knows what a blackberry is mainly. i asked every1 in my family if they knew and no one didn't they thought it was a new iphone!!
laugh.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bwahaha, I'm a Symbian.

@trev1 - Done trollin'? Good.

Off-topic:- I seriously hate people who insert 10's of fullstops in a row in their sentences, I mean wtf???

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just an opinion. I am IOS and I liked it a lot. I never tried Android but I don't care about it. A BlackBerry was horrible and I never liked it. I know because my friend had it before he moved it to IOS.
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
I live in New York and everyone has a crappy Blackberry its true. So many people. Just because of Blackberry messenger. Seriously why can't they just use MSN or something?

it's like that in the uk now, all you hear on the bus is that stupid brick sound, it gets so annoying! almost everyone has a blackberry now in the uk.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Michigan is iOS?

I guess I was at first..then I realized how greedy apple is by making their products purposely obsolete before they are actually obsolete (like making apps "not compatible" with older iOS devices. yet the jailbroken app sunk (lol) and worked fine on it)...common..Bit.Trip.Beat is a pong like game..you don't need an iPod 3G in order to play something simple like that.

After I told Apple to eat my shit..i stopped waiting for the Verizon iPhone, when it was still vapor-ware, stopped being a T.O.O.L (Gun Bros is awesome xD) and went android. I have now my HTC Thunderbolt..and I have NO plans on going back.

my iPod Touch 3G 8gb (which is actually a 2G) still sits. I only get it out when I want to play the Ocarina..that's it.

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@trev1:

1. There were and are phones more powerful that iPhone 4 before the 3DS.
2. Fair enough, Andoid Market isn't as large as the App Store but it grows every single day.
3. OLED... nuff said. Retine Display isn't special anymore, there ones like it.
4. Bullshit. Every OS has a glitch/bug/hole. Yes, even iOS.
5. I have to say that's cool, I'm not sure if there has been an Android equivalent.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
m3rox said:
BortzANATOR said:
I could piss a better looking map/chart.
I use iOS but i think Android does some cool shit.

There isn't anything that Android does that iOS hasn't already been doing.

O yeah? explain to me how do I overclock a iPhone/iPod with one app?
hint: Android has one called SetCPU.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
@trev1:

1. There were and are phones more powerful that iPhone 4 before the 3DS.
2. Fair enough, Andoid Market isn't as large as the App Store but it grows every single day.
3. OLED... nuff said. Retine Display isn't special anymore, there ones like it.
4. Bullshit. Every OS has a glitch/bug/hole. Yes, even iOS.
5. I have to say that's cool, I'm not sure if there has been an Android equivalent.

5. No need to use a crappy media player, can just download music on the phone anywhere you are. Need a backup? Root your phone if you're able and use ADB to backup your apps, or download the appbrain app and just sync all your apps with that. Easy backup and restore. Don't even need to root to backup your contacts/SMS's. Contacts can get synced to your gmail account and you can save and backup your SMS's whenever you want with an app.

Love me my Android. I think Michigan is going to start the switch from iOS to Android, a lot of my friends/family have finally found out why iOS sucks dick compared to Android in terms of open source development.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
trev1 said:
2.1,000,000 plus apps....compared to 40,000 droid apps
2.0,000,000 apps that consist of having to press a button to play a simple sound.

Yeah right.

Yeah but you can't forget all the [insert noun here] vs. [insert noun here] games on Android, although I will admit iOS has a TON more games that are almost identical to each other then Android.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Dter ic said:
I did a really quick Google search and found this:

[youtube]YtUNMNOTg7w[/youtube]

Owned.

Also, idevices don't to be over clocked (unlike your android device).

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Owned.

Also, idevices don't to be over clocked (unlike your android device).

Not owned.

The only reason most people overclock their phones (at least the most I've seen) Is to successfully play emulators for PSX and N64. Both of which iOS doesn't have for the general user. AFAIK all apps only require the use of a 800mhz processor, which is in most if not all Android phones being sold today.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any unlocked phone can be overclocked, some devices can be overclocked if the makers alow it. I have a Samsung Galaxy SII, duel core and have no need to overclock it as its the fastest phone I have ever seen, so that makes me an Android user.

All phones have their pros and all phones have there cons, you get what you think will suffice for your needs. I hate all this bickering about more apps better interface more sales, this is a playground argument from the times of the Spectrum and C64.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah and if you actually look the video he says it "seems" as it´s faster and it doesn´t really overclock the CPU.
Anyway wasn´t it nice when mobilphones were just mobilphones and not some "toy" for technic geeks
wink.gif
(i miss the times).
I mean the average user doesn´t even know what smartphones are capabel of and just use it phone.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
trev1 said:
2.0,000,000 apps that consist of having to press a button to play a simple sound.

Yeah right.

lol, where's your Chaos Rings, Final Fantasy Tactics, Rage, Gameloft (Rip offs as they may be, they are still well made games.) and just about ever major gaming company releases? Oh wait, you don't get those, you're lucky if you get a 'port' of a shitty game such as Angry Birds which was a free flash game anyways. You're emulators? Ports. Our Emulators, Ports. Hell half the time your ports are ports of our ports. Face it, when it comes to serious developers, Android is a second class citizen, IOS has all the big-time developers in it's pockets, and it's the reason that the 3DS is on the decline.

Androids can be nice, if you pay for models that cost the same, if not more than an IOS device. Also, your family and friends care about how open-source developer friendly their smart phone is? Don't make me laugh, the average end-user doesn't care about those things.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Apex said:
Berthenk said:
trev1 said:

Yeah right.

lol, where's your Chaos Rings, Final Fantasy Tactics, Rage, Gameloft (Rip offs as they may be, they are still well made games.) and just about ever major gaming company releases? Oh wait, you don't get those, you're lucky if you get a 'port' of a shitty game such as Angry Birds which was a free flash game anyways. You're emulators? Ports. Our Emulators, Ports. Hell half the time your ports are ports of our ports. Face it, when it comes to serious developers, Android is a second class citizen, IOS has all the big-time developers in it's pockets, and it's the reason that the 3DS is on the decline.

Androids can be nice, if you pay for models that cost the same, if not more than an IOS device. Also, your family and friends care about how open-source developer friendly their smart phone is? Don't make me laugh, the average end-user doesn't care about those things.

We get Gameloft games. I bought an Evo for $100 and it works better than any iOS device I know of (besides the iPad 2, damn dual core). The average end user cares about apps. Games. User-friendly environment. Android is for both devs and average users while iOS is for average users only. Yes, my family and friends are intelligent and tech-savvy.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
Slyakin said:
Dter ic said:
I did a really quick Google search and found this:

[youtube]YtUNMNOTg7w[/youtube]
Technically that isn't an overclock, it just gets rid of Apples underclock.

I've googled around and so far getting mixed reponses if speed intensifier actually increases the CPU clock speed.
some say it does and some say it doesn't (only speeds up animation and the speed that IOS apps load)
unsure.gif

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
trev1 said:
IOS is the best guys IMO...ive used both...but a older droid years ago..

1. if you like touch gaming the iphone 4 has been hailed "the most powerful handheld in the world"...(mind you that was before the 3DS)
Ima guess here but was that Engadget? Nuff' said.

Seriously? Where are those figures from? iOS has about 600,000, Android is hard to gauge but I'd guess it's at the 1/2 mil mark if you include apps not on the market

3. Retina display....nuff said..
Super AMOLED Plus... Nuff said.

4.Stability beyond belief...never a bug or slight glich with IOS
Keep on dreaming
5...................IOS 5 w/icloud....no cable syncing....apple fanboys wet dream.
Similar things possible on android since 1.5

if you want open source...FREAKIN JAIL BREAK IT? im mean seriously are you a game dev...damn droid ppl always cryin OPEN SOURCE......sheeez
Jailbreak is not the same as open source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja:
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja: