1. funem

funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    A good review of the Samsung Galaxy S2, this is the final page of the review (Page 15 !)

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mo...view?artc_pg=15

I really believe this phone is an example of the oncoming power in the next generation of phones, to quote the review :-

"The Samsung Galaxy S2 has not only set a new bar for smartphones in 2011; it's smashed the bar, recreated it in its own image and put it out of reach of the competition."

In my opinion the Apple phones only have one Major advantage that the others can't match in that there is no fractured marketplace, one app written for the iPone 4 will work on all phones that it was intended to, whereas the Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobiles have differing specs which creates many problems with creating apps and supporting them, that is why there are so many companies behind Apple with apps.

2. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    iOS on iphone 4 32g.
    /thread

3. Berthenk

Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Eh? I was just stating my opinion there, I don't have a phone that has neither iOS nor Android. [​IMG]
    Still, I guess you're right about the awesome games.

I wonder if and how Windows Phone 7 will join the debate... [​IMG]

4. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    The iPhone 4 cost a whopping $799 upon its release if I'm not mistaken for the fully unlocked version. Now, it is sitting around $649. The HTC Sensation was priced at $549 upon release, and it is boasting a dual-core processor in its body. The Samsung Galaxy S II is priced at $699 upon release, and is the most powerful smartphone to date. Comparing the hardware specs, you'll realize that you're getting much more for your money by purchasing that "Android device priced the same as the iPhone". Clearly if you have any logical sense in you, you'd spend your hard-earned money on something much more worth it.

5. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    NONE,
    dont need cellphone or smartphone. We were fine before they existed and I still am today without those stupid expensive monthly $ sucking devices. North america is also way behind the rest of the world in cellphone technologies. Ask anyone with a world phone how much our crappy network sux, and the big telecom keep it that way only so they can trap clients into stupid contract and suck more money out of them. And pretty much any smartphone is pretty crappy until its jailbreaked or hacked anyways lol.

Anyways, just my 2 cents [​IMG]

6. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
    Former Staff

United Kingdom
    I object.
    Unrooted Android is still pretty awesome.

7. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Pretty sure webos is dead/was never alive to begin with

I am a recent droid convert. I recently sold all my iOS devices and deleted iTunes, QuickTime, and all that other apple crapware from all my computers. Feels good man.

8. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I'm a very happy Nokia N900 user. It runs on Maemo5 (A REAL open OS, unlike Android).
    I have a Triple boot on my device: Maemo5, Ubuntu and Android (yes, the Nokia N900 can also boot Android [​IMG])

There is no device yet that can acutally beat the N900 with the things that it can do.
    (There is no other phone with such a sweet Qwerty keyboard as the N900!)

the N900 is the only device/phone that has TRUE multitasking! (aside with the upcoming Nokia N9 on September 2011)

9. Dangy

Dangy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That's not actually overclocking anything, it's just speeding the animations up.

I have an iPhone, but really wouldn't mind having an Android. They both have pretty similar capabilities once you Jailbreak/root them.

10. Xarsah16

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

The irony - I'm from a split household in NY. I own an Android phone (LG Vortex) my father has an iPhone 3GS, and my mom has a Blackberry Bold.

Surprised to see that Blackberry is still that huge here, I thought Blackberry's hype was dying out...

11. funem

funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    Spec on that phone looks good for its day but my three year old Touch Pro 2 had a better keyboard than that with 5 rows of keys and was a good phone in its day. It now has an Android port and for some reason, someone got windows 95 working on it and linux.

[​IMG]

12. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Windows 95 also runs on the N900... There are many other platforms that can run Windows 95.
    The first one was Symbian that could boot Windows 3.11, Windows 95 AND Windows 98 [​IMG]

Followed by Android, Maemo and afaik also jailbroken iCrap can do that, all you need is just DosBox on your (powerfull) device.

13. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Off the top of my head:
    Android: 12, iOS: 4, Blackberry: 1, Nokia: 1.
    I think it just depends who you know; a lot of my friends are geek-types so Android wins over here. And there's a shift where some people who brought iPhones 2 years ago are switching to Android when their upgrades come around after realising the iPhone isn't the only option. A map like this for UK counties would be pretty cool, in a not-really-useful-but-interesting kind of way.

14. em2241992

em2241992 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am technically an iOS user because I have an iPod Touch 4g, but I am considering a Droid.

15. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Costa Rica
    I am iOS now and until the death

16. 0ddity

0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If I had a smartphone, I'd get WP7, but I don't since I never leave the house. My wife has an Ipod Touch, but I didn't much like the interface, so I got a Zune HD.

17. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Succubus™ Moody Cubi

Antarctica
    I feel like the only Android user in Massachusetts [​IMG] I only know one other Android user other than me. Other than him, everyone I know uses iPhones.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - BlackBerry, Android,