Gaming Are YOU getting Metroid Other M?

Are YOU getting Metroid Other M?

• HELL YEA! I'M BUYING IT CAUSE IT'S GONNA BE THAT GOOD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looks cool, but I think I'm gonna download it

• I'll consider wasting my bandwidth to download it...

• No.

• Total voters

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shovelware must be download not bought because they suck and the publisher just want to make money with bad games done in 2 days

Metroid Other M is not like that..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will still have the Metroid feel, just like how the Prime series did though the 3rd one didn't feel as Metroidy at times.

Don't think we need to worry about the overal feel and tone, co-creator Yoshio Sakamoto is still on board and so no need to worry about exploration and item collection. For me its just a worry about controls and getting the switching from 3rd to first person right.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pete666 said:
shovelware must be download not bought because they suck and the publisher just want to make money with bad games done in 2 days

well maybe if the games weren't like $100+ here and they got released here the same time NOT 3 months later i would consider it!

I just can't waiiit...i want it...i want it NOW!

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Pete666 said:

Shovelware should not even be alowed to reach the shelves .

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
"Is there a leginimite dump on the net yet, just tell me YES or NO if it is a REAL ISO DUMP or not. I am not asking for links!"

Does that answer your question?
If not then how about this?

"MMMMEEEETTTTTTRRRRRRRRRROOOOOIIIIIIIDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the game looks amazing but there are still some things I´m not sure about.

I think over all the controls seem to be right for the gameplay. At first I really wanted something similar to the sidescrolling-parts of Sin&Punishment2 (movement with analog-stick in a 3D-space, aiming via IR-pointer) but now that I´ve seen how they handle the camera and how there is also an emphasis on dodging at the right moment (which reminds me of the prime-series, where you are logged-on on enemies and you really just move around dodging things and switching weapons and that worked well... not really the same but it somewhat is in a different way) and close-quarter-combat.

The FP-mode reminds me of the X-Ray-visor in Super Metroid. I think that worked really well in SM but how it will work in combat I don`t know yet... But I`m convinced, that it will work for exploration!

The art style looks great and it also looks very much like Super but the few outside areas (some kind of swamps and a area with vegetation) and the cave-area show, that there will most definitely be a verity of areas to explore similar to other entries in the series.

I remember playing the demos of Prime (on the frigate) and being very pessimistic about the direction Retro went with the series, because it lacked exploration and when I played the final product it was just as a Metroid-game should be - lots of exploration, isolation, items and backtracking (yes, I love it
nyanya.gif
). And since Sakamoto and his team are doing the game with Team Ninja I`m sure, that the essence of Metroid, which undoubtedly is isolation and exploration, will also be present in Other M...

The only thing I`m very skeptical about is, that there are so many cutscenes (2 hours as far as I read!)... I really hope, that at first there will be squads and things like that and Samus gets separated from them or goes on alone on purpose and after that it`s more like she is remembering thing from her past and that`s why there are so many cutscenes. I hope so, since I don`t want to loose the sense of exploration in favor of a more engaging story. I hope they managed to have both!

So overall I`m very impressed from what I`ve seen so far but I won`t be buying the game, since I`m broke as always
blush.gif
But I`m sure this will be a game worth buying!

Farquad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
personally i can't wait for this game. watching the videos it looks like it's a cross between the old 2d metroids, the prime games and some game i haven't heard of before that involves some seriously kick ass close combat. gonna buy a copy but leave it in it's sealed packet and dl another copy.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
still havnt played the first 3 games, so have no real plan to buy (or dl) this...
might go back and play the first 3 sometime, but that would be a while from now... speaking of which, i havnt even finished Mario Galaxy, hence have not played MG2

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a Metroid fan since the eighties, and I've gotten pumped for every single release in this series. And this time is no different. I'm so glad they're going back to the series 2D roots but throwing in a couple twists too. The only thing that has me a little concerned is that Team Ninja is on it also. I'm not saying that they're bad, because they're not. Just for some reason I'm questioning Nintendo's choice for bringing them.

Ah well, we only have a few more days to wait then we'll all know if it's going to blow our socks or if it's going to suck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow