Hardware Are you a screen protector person?

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got those 3d earth protective screens and it was my first time with no bubbles or dust under the screen. I was stoked at my accomplishment XD
But yes I'd prefer to have something protect it. Better safe than sorry
biggrin.gif

G

geenlung

Some tips for screen protection application*:

1. Put on the screen protector after you've taken a shower. It does two things. Primarily, it eliminates most of the dust deposited on your body (i.e. hair) and secondly, humidifies the air so that dust particles come down and are not free floating in the air.

2. Put on gloves. You may think this to be a bit extreme, but putting on any latex (or fiber-free) glove eliminates oils from your skin getting onto the screen protector. Any oils caught between the actual screen and the protector itself will decrease the adhesion of the screen protector.

3. Before you take the protective backings of the screen protector off, GENTLY place it on the actual screen to get an idea of where to place it.

4. Get an air canister and blow away any dust on the screen. I rarely use cloth wipes because even microfiber can drag a hard dust particle across the screen creating a hairline scratch. Believe me...it's happened on my PSP 3k.

5. To remove any remaining dust off the screen, I cover the screen with electrical tape. Electrical tape usually doesn't leave any residue so it's great for removing fine particles of dust.

6. Application of the screen protector is more or less a one-shot deal. If you get dust traped near the periphery of the screen, you may be able to gently lift the screen protector off with tape and remove the dust particle with another piece of tape, but it's risky. Even though screen protectors are boasted as being reusable, for practical purposes, it's hard to get a screen protector dust free once the protective backings have been removed.

7. Refrain from using water or alcohol to clean the screen before application. They may leave a residue which is difficult to remove.

8. Work in a fume hood :3

*Note that this tutorial is just for extremist like me. If you're not too worried about dust, just wipe your screen off with a microfiber cloth and apply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho