Are you a screen protector person?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by keine, Apr 4, 2011.

1. keine
    OP

keine GBAtemp Fan

Aug 29, 2010
    United States
    Do you use screen protectors? Why or why not?

Did you get one for your 3DS? Did you use one with your DS? How'd it work out?

Which brand do you use?

I personally just recently started using one on my DS Lite, as my stylus started making a semi scratching sound against the screen. Bottom screen suffers from some hairline scratches. However consider I've played games like Elite Beat Agents and both Zeldas to death, I'd say thats pretty good.
    Thoughts? I have a brand new black 3DS, I wanted to hear people's stances.
    250$ to play an entirely new library of awesome ninty? and maybe some sweet VC? totally.

2. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    I always use a screen protector on everything.

3. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto

4. nathancnc

nathancnc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    United States
    I never even touched my 3DS until my screen protectors came in the mail.

5. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Yeah.

I have the protectors ready to go before opening the box.

6. klim28

klim28 Hunter4Life

Jul 24, 2010
    LocLac village...
    Got my screen protector yesterday. Only used it in the bottom/touch screen. I think the top/3D screen is good without it.

7. phantastic91

phantastic91 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 25, 2006
    United States
    California
    i got the 3ds screen protector from hori on amazon. I can live without a screen protector on the top. but i want one on the bottom. I don't really like the screen protector i got because it makes the top ugly. In bright light the whole top screen looks very violet/purple. and fingerprints look worst with the screen protector. My fingerprints looked brown.... the top looks better without a screen proector but i already bought it so it's just going to stay on...

8. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I use to expect my phat, but I'm not sure this time.I usually just put it on the touch screen, but I never had my screen scratch including my phat. I think I'm just going to put it in a case with the thing that came between the 3DS.

9. mikehammerX9

mikehammerX9 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2006
    Greece
  10. imshortandrad

imshortandrad GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2010
    United States
    INDIANA
    I usually never use screen protectors, but I recently got one for my iPod, and it works really well! For my DS, I don't have one, and I 'm okay with it.

11. Dead End

Dead End GBAtemp Fan

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    Rockford IL.
    I dont like the Look of the Screen protector for the top screen... If I could just get a touch screen Protecter and a Special Cloth to put inside then Ill be good..

12. Dylan

Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Mar 7, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    I never really liked the idea of screen protectors. I'd rather exercise discipline in using it as delicately and carefully as possible. If it gets scratches, so be it. Hopefully that doesn't happen till as far down the track as possible and all systems will fail of something eventually so I just see a bit of physical wear as the natural course of events with these things. I prefer the natural and feel to the layer of protector.

Posts merged

I never really liked the idea of screen protectors. I'd rather exercise discipline in using it as delicately and carefully as possible. If it gets scratches, so be it. Hopefully that doesn't happen till as far down the track as possible and all systems will fail of something eventually so I just see a bit of physical wear as the natural course of events with these things. I prefer the natural feel to the layer of protector.

13. Dylan

Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Mar 7, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Excuse that monstrosity. My university's wifi is terrible

14. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    I've decided to get a screen protector for it mainly because I'm just paranoid of the 3D screen. The top half is all made of the same material, so finger-prints galore show up in minutes.

15. N00ByBo0

N00ByBo0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    I never use screen protectors either. I never had scratches on my screen, except a small one on my DS light which is 4 years old.

16. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Yes, I always used screen protectors just in case. I usually get two set when buying the console.

Pip'

17. Barroom Hero

Barroom Hero Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2009
    United States
    Never. I rarely get screen scratches....but im considering a skin this time around cause there is some really sleek looking ones and i do get the normal wear on the consoles themselves

18. CherrySkitty

CherrySkitty GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2011
    I guess I am, though I don't like the unnatural look it gives. I didn't use one in the bottom screen at first and now I regret it u_u

Guess that I'll be using them. It's the best way to avoid everything from dust to accidental hair scratches .-.

19. Jan1tor

Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Yes I always use a screen protector now (Mainly on the touch screen) because I started to ruin the one on my ds lite after playing a game that you mainly touched one spot on the screen. I now have a small dot there. Since then I have used the protectors on my lite, my dsi, my xl, and now 3ds. The last ones I got were from "Icon" and I put them on my 3DS. Very good package, easy install with cloth & applicator. 2 sets in one package for $9.99 from Amazon.

20. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2008
    I don't use them. Purely because the look it leaves after some time. I want to experience all the wonders of the screen and with a protector, it limits this.

I have never had a scratch on my portables. I mean, what are you doing to scratch the top screen? Never put your fingers on it, if there is dust, use a wipe made for the 3DS and keep that only for the 3DS.

The bottom screen no matter if you use a protector or not, depending on how much activity is being done on it, it's going to show wear and tear. Touch screens are meant to do that. It will scratch, regardless of a protector for the touch screen, especially if you play Feel The Magic on HARD, lol.