Are you a screen protector person?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by keine, Apr 4, 2011.

Apr 4, 2011
  1. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do you use screen protectors? Why or why not?

Did you get one for your 3DS? Did you use one with your DS? How'd it work out?

Which brand do you use?

I personally just recently started using one on my DS Lite, as my stylus started making a semi scratching sound against the screen. Bottom screen suffers from some hairline scratches. However consider I've played games like Elite Beat Agents and both Zeldas to death, I'd say thats pretty good.
    Thoughts? I have a brand new black 3DS, I wanted to hear people's stances.
    250$ to play an entirely new library of awesome ninty? and maybe some sweet VC? totally.

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I always use a screen protector on everything.

3. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada

4. nathancnc

Member nathancnc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I never even touched my 3DS until my screen protectors came in the mail.

5. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Yeah.

I have the protectors ready to go before opening the box.

6. klim28

Member klim28 Hunter4Life

Philippines
    Got my screen protector yesterday. Only used it in the bottom/touch screen. I think the top/3D screen is good without it.

7. phantastic91

Member phantastic91 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i got the 3ds screen protector from hori on amazon. I can live without a screen protector on the top. but i want one on the bottom. I don't really like the screen protector i got because it makes the top ugly. In bright light the whole top screen looks very violet/purple. and fingerprints look worst with the screen protector. My fingerprints looked brown.... the top looks better without a screen proector but i already bought it so it's just going to stay on...

8. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I use to expect my phat, but I'm not sure this time.I usually just put it on the touch screen, but I never had my screen scratch including my phat. I think I'm just going to put it in a case with the thing that came between the 3DS.

9. mikehammerX9

Member mikehammerX9 GBAtemp Regular

Greece
  10. imshortandrad

Member imshortandrad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I usually never use screen protectors, but I recently got one for my iPod, and it works really well! For my DS, I don't have one, and I 'm okay with it.

11. Dead End

Member Dead End GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I dont like the Look of the Screen protector for the top screen... If I could just get a touch screen Protecter and a Special Cloth to put inside then Ill be good..

12. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    I never really liked the idea of screen protectors. I'd rather exercise discipline in using it as delicately and carefully as possible. If it gets scratches, so be it. Hopefully that doesn't happen till as far down the track as possible and all systems will fail of something eventually so I just see a bit of physical wear as the natural course of events with these things. I prefer the natural and feel to the layer of protector.

Posts merged

I never really liked the idea of screen protectors. I'd rather exercise discipline in using it as delicately and carefully as possible. If it gets scratches, so be it. Hopefully that doesn't happen till as far down the track as possible and all systems will fail of something eventually so I just see a bit of physical wear as the natural course of events with these things. I prefer the natural feel to the layer of protector.

13. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    Excuse that monstrosity. My university's wifi is terrible

14. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I've decided to get a screen protector for it mainly because I'm just paranoid of the 3D screen. The top half is all made of the same material, so finger-prints galore show up in minutes.

15. N00ByBo0

Newcomer N00ByBo0 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I never use screen protectors either. I never had scratches on my screen, except a small one on my DS light which is 4 years old.

16. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Yes, I always used screen protectors just in case. I usually get two set when buying the console.

Pip'

17. Barroom Hero

Newcomer Barroom Hero Newbie

United States
    Never. I rarely get screen scratches....but im considering a skin this time around cause there is some really sleek looking ones and i do get the normal wear on the consoles themselves

18. CherrySkitty

Member CherrySkitty GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    I guess I am, though I don't like the unnatural look it gives. I didn't use one in the bottom screen at first and now I regret it u_u

Guess that I'll be using them. It's the best way to avoid everything from dust to accidental hair scratches .-.

19. Jan1tor

Member Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes I always use a screen protector now (Mainly on the touch screen) because I started to ruin the one on my ds lite after playing a game that you mainly touched one spot on the screen. I now have a small dot there. Since then I have used the protectors on my lite, my dsi, my xl, and now 3ds. The last ones I got were from "Icon" and I put them on my 3DS. Very good package, easy install with cloth & applicator. 2 sets in one package for $9.99 from Amazon.

20. justmike

Member justmike GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I don't use them. Purely because the look it leaves after some time. I want to experience all the wonders of the screen and with a protector, it limits this.

I have never had a scratch on my portables. I mean, what are you doing to scratch the top screen? Never put your fingers on it, if there is dust, use a wipe made for the 3DS and keep that only for the 3DS.

The bottom screen no matter if you use a protector or not, depending on how much activity is being done on it, it's going to show wear and tear. Touch screens are meant to do that. It will scratch, regardless of a protector for the touch screen, especially if you play Feel The Magic on HARD, lol.