Are we here to help people?

Are we here to help people?

• Yes, that's what the community is about

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm here for myself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
wchill said:
I help. BTW who voted no?
laugh.gif

QUOTE(logical thinker @ Jun 2 2009, 05:28 AM) "No, I'm here for myself." Actually, I like to help others, but most of the people needing help here are noobs and I hate them, so I voted no (and because I am not here mainly to help people). Reasons why I am here.

Here's your answer..

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Yeah....here for community..I came here to look for help, and offer myself in any way to help others..
And I'm very satisfied how it turned out!
Exactly the same for me - I wanted help, found it - & now I'm passing it on to others

What does annoy me though is that some newbies (I'm not calling them 'Idiots') don't realise there's a search function, & that they should try that first before asking for help - as it's most probably been asked before

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I consider all of us one big happy family. Family helps each other when they can.

^
This is the best answer.
Lots of people have been good to me, and answered all my n00bish questions.
In turn, I try to answer as many as I can,
though there's not many of those
But it's the community that keeps me coming back.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
I find that I help sometimes, most of the time someone beats me to the punch and says exactly the same thing. Saying that, the few times I have asked for help I seem ignored... maybe because I am not as active as some members. Do not get wrong, that is not to say I have never received help, just not on everything I ask.

Also I scour the forums and read conflicting post after conflicting post and usually come to own decision before I ask, if I decide that I still need a little push to make me believe I found the right answer.

There are those on the forums who seem to refuse to think on their own... no research, no info, just spoon feed me the exact answer that I need so that I can never come back again until something else goes wrong. These are the people that annoy the active member and lead to the STFUpperCut that come as replies.

If there was a logical way to force people to search before post for the first time, then I think we would alleviate much of the headache threads and angry posts. Several forums I belong to have imposed limits (mostly to prevent spam and junk post). Perhaps it should be suggested that there is a 5 search limit before a first post/topic. Again this is just a band-aid for an issue that will never really be fixed.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I'm here for myself. Ever since my 6G Flash died on me, no one couldn't help me. So I decided to do me and find answers on my own unless I completely don't know what to do i.e. modding a Wii.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm here for myself. I may think about helping people who are active here and post reasonable questions. I don't help those freaking noobs with only 1 or 2 posts and ask a stupid question that has been asked and answered millions of times, or when the answer can be found by searching but they're too lazy.
sleep.gif

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm mainly here for myself and the information on the site
tongue.gif

but whenever i see a question i can answer and someone hasnt already beaten me to it i help them =)

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was here for the help at first but over the 2 years I've been here I've gone from the person being help to the person who is giving help if you know what I mean.

Rayder said:
I consider all of us one big happy family. Family helps each other when they can.

And I think the same way. One big GBATemp Family.
biggrin.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No, I'm not here to help people. It's mostly for my own needs although helping people is something that comes as a side-effect from being here.

mewcuss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm here for myself! But......
If I can help anyone with their problems then I will try(like a lot of people in this community).
I also try to help myself by goolgling and finding things out but when I have to sift through ten different websites which all have articles similar to this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=84991 then surely its easier to ask?
Also I don't mind people making a thread to ask a question it's the multiple flaming comments left behind it that really pisses me off.
Surely if people are that bothered about a repeated question (CORE, Slot 1 GBA games,R4,etc) then they should just ignore the thread and let it fall rather than bumping the topic by leaving replys that just flame the said question.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
i am here to kill my time
smile.gif
if someone need help and i have the answer why not share the wealth
smile.gif
I think that's the best answer I've seen on here. I'm not here just to help people, but I'll answer something if I can or if it interests me enough to look for the answer. Sometimes I'll even google a question I know nothing about because I like a challenge
smile.gif
And Google likes me.

I can understand the "use the damn search function!" ethic though; people hate repeating themselves, and they shouldn't have to, but sometimes these replies would be more useful if people threw in a keyword or two to point the searcher in the right direction. I remember seeing someone asking how to do something or other on the Wii once and it turned into a bloodbath, all he would've needed was the name of the program he needed to get it too turn up in search rather than 3 pages of debating whether he'd bothered to search or not (which he had, unsuccessfully).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2