Are we all being serious

rujoeking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have always been a regular visitor to GBAtemp,
I am an active member in the hacking community and was heavily involved in the original DS "passme" development and testing.
I have signed up with an "anonymous" alias as I felt I needed to speak and know I will be shot down in flames.
I know this is the "Hacking and Homebrew" section of the site and I know that this is not in line with the Forum Topic, however, the correct target audience are here so I do think this is the most relevant place to post.

The attitude of some people in the forum is atrocious.

You do nothing but flame other people while sat on your high horse adding nothing to the community yourselves.
You are a disgrace and an embarrassment to the hacking community of which I would normally say I was proud to be a member of.
People come on the forums for help and to try to contribute, WE ALL HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE, all they get in return are sarcastic comments and bi**ing it is disgusting.
would it be so hard to direct people in the right way and politely advise them when they have done something wrong?
no... it wouldn't. if you spoke to people in the street like you speak to them on here... I would imagine you would have broken arms and legs...

People deserve respect, there is not a lot of that in this community.

I'm just as entitled to post my opinion as all the flamers in here so I have...

let the flaming begin.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
emmanu888 said:
it may be a little noobish but i know what trolling is but not flaming can someone explain this for me ?
It's effectively provoking someone with insults.

e.g. 'You bloody idiot'
Although usually more harsh than that.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BobTheJoeBob said:
machomuu said:
Old8oy said:
I think it's more that some people learned and then came here while some people came here to learn. I've had my share of threads/posts flamed around when I joined. I stuck to it, picked up on what I could, and as I result I was able to work with some great people on some great things. I guess I just don't have sympathy for the people who take it personally.
I do think a little noob flaming can go a long way, though. While I don't encourage it (I am definitely NOT saying you should do it) and think it's just mean, but it does encourage us to...well...not be noobs.
Or make them leave the forums and make them resent it and its members forever.

Someone that ridiculously sensitive shouldn't be on the internet in the first place.
So live and learn or whine and leave, it's win win.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I've read and reread this thread and...I just don't know what to say. I've been a dick to a lot of newcomers and noobs, it's their fault they can't search. I remember reading a post a few days ago where the guy said in the very first post "I'm to lazy to search" (which he then edited out). That's just the way most newcomers are. I think the stickies should be animated with rainbow colors and damn sparkles coming out of the text, maybe then some people would notice them.

I do think instead of telling people to search we should just tell them to go to the stickies, I just tried searching "3DS Hack" and most of the top results were pointless/stupid threads newbies post. Or better yet don't let anyone with a post count under 10 post anything that has "3DS hack" in the thread title/post content. Instead of posting the thread, it could take them straight to the stickies instead....I don't think that's possible though, is it? Oh well...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
I've read and reread this thread and...I just don't know what to say. I've been a dick to a lot of newcomers and noobs, it's their fault they can't search. I remember reading a post a few days ago where the guy said in the very first post "I'm to lazy to search" (which he then edited out). That's just the way most newcomers are. I think the stickies should be animated with rainbow colors and damn sparkles coming out of the text, maybe then some people would notice them.

I do think instead of telling people to search we should just tell them to go to the stickies, I just tried searching "3DS Hack" and most of the top results were pointless/stupid threads newbies post. Or better yet don't let anyone with a post count under 10 post anything that has "3DS hack" in the thread title/post content. Instead of posting the thread, it could take them straight to the stickies instead....I don't think that's possible though, is it? Oh well...
Holy shit man, you're on to something. It needs less rainbows though, as the 'temp has enough.
frown.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterling said:
suprgamr232 said:

Holy shit man, you're on to something. It needs less rainbows though, as the 'temp has enough.
frown.gif
Yeah, EoF is basically a huge rainbow.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slightly more on topic...

Is it just me, or has the Wii section become overrun with troll threads? People wonder why some feel the need to flame "noob" questions...maybe it's because they just got done dealing with something like this or with a member who is posting the same question in 5 different threads...

It's either people failing to read anything whatsoever, or it's someone having at laugh and people attempting to help them with their fake problems...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.