CriminalMind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I just ordered a couple of Top Toy DSTT cards from DealExtreme.
And in the comments it says that there are about 50% chance that they are fake.

How can I determine if my cards are fake. Is there any software witch can do it without bricking them if they're fake or do I have to open them?

It would be nice to know if they're fake or not before using them. And if they're fake, can I use them properly with the 'hacked' firmware?

Thanks!

Anj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of them you can tell just by looking at it, but a few you need a program which I will put in a second.

CriminalMind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys!
I don't want to share cards that are going to break with my friends.

EDIT:
And another thing, let's say they're fake, and a friend of mine try with official firmware. Does it brick the DSTT or does it brick the console?

MacMilitant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It only bricks the DSTT, not the DS itself.

Also, if you're ordering from Dealextreme, if you got one of the ones with a card reader included, there's a pretty good chance that they're fake. If they come in a black DSTT box, then it can be pretty much assumed they are. The DSTT team has stopped selling them in those boxes since about the summer or so. You might luck out and it may be legit though.

The one on DSTT that's confirmed to be real is the one without card reader, but last I checked they were sold out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?