Hacking Are there any tutorials for making Acekard skins?

drugbringer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was browsing skins on NDSskins, when I noticed one I really liked, but it was for the R4. I was going to try my hand at bringing it over (Not exactly, I know they're different, but just the same basic images and look.) but I'm not sure where to start. I have a little exsperince with Photoshop, and the skin editor seems simple enough, but if someone's made a tutorial for them, it would help me get started.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't know about any step by step guide, but there is a program to make the skins with
http://filetrip.net/f4290-Acekard-Edit-1-2-1.html
It's not that hard to make skins. You can do what I did to get started, take a pre-skin and start from there for the basics

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Word of warning: The Skin Editor will attempt to convert your images to 16bit BMPs, DO NOT LET IT DO THAT!
It will keep asking you every time you load it up, even if they are 16bit BMPs and repeated conversions will cause a significant loss in image quality.

Use Photoshop or The GIMP to save the images in 16bit BMPs. You'll get better quality than that of the automated converter with the skin maker.

drugbringer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast replies.

Also for the link. I had a version of it, but it was older, don't know how I got it instead. And I'll keep that in mind about the conversions. Everything I have is generally saved as PNGs, so I'll have to change it at least once, but I can do that in photoshop easy.

drugbringer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, uh, are you sure that program works? I've tried opening 4 skins with it, 3 from NDskins, and one from the Acekard site, and none of them have worked.

I have to open the folder that has the skin after I've unziped them, right?

Ell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you make a "calendar" folder for the day_numbers, etc.? don't think it works if they're not in there.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
drugbringer said:
Wow, uh, are you sure that program works? I've tried opening 4 skins with it, 3 from NDskins, and one from the Acekard site, and none of them have worked.

I have to open the folder that has the skin after I've unziped them, right?
If you got the themes from Ndsthemes, you will need to create a folder called "calendar" and locate these files
"clock_colon.bmp"
"clock_numbers.bmp"
"day_numbers.bmp"
"year_numbers.bmp"
and place them in that folder and it will work

bashscrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get why ndsthemes doesn't just put them in a calendar folder in the first place... seems like such a hastle to do it each time

I know it's not hard.. but styll tingz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-