Hardware Are there any cheat devices for the ("new") 3DS/2DS?

Kizul Emeraldfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day, you had the Game Genie and GameShark (and later, the Pro Action Replay and regular Action Replay), but I have no idea what — if anything — is available for newer platforms like the 2DS/3DS (old and new alike).

The reason I ask about this is because I would dearly love a walk-through-walls code for Pokémon UltraMoon: I've gotten sick and tired of its blatant railroading, and I want to actually play the game, the way I want to play it. >:|

So… Is there anything out there — homebrew or hardware — that would allow me to "cheat" in such a way, at the very least in the newest Pokémon games?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day, you had the Game Genie and GameShark (and later, the Pro Action Replay and regular Action Replay), but I have no idea what — if anything — is available for newer platforms like the 2DS/3DS (old and new alike).

The reason I ask about this is because I would dearly love a walk-through-walls code for Pokémon UltraMoon: I've gotten sick and tired of its blatant railroading, and I want to actually play the game, the way I want to play it. >:|

So… Is there anything out there — homebrew or hardware — that would allow me to "cheat" in such a way, at the very least in the newest Pokémon games?
get luma cfw running follow this guide https://3ds.guide/get-started then once you have cfw you can install ntr

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use 3ds.guide to install CFW. NTR is obsolete though, prefer Luma Rosalina plugins if it's an option (sometimes it's the same plugin).

For DS games there's an Action Replay, or you can use a flashcart of some sort.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use 3ds.guide to install CFW. NTR is obsolete though, prefer Luma Rosalina plugins if it's an option (sometimes it's the same plugin).

For DS games there's an Action Replay, or you can use a flashcart of some sort.
How exactly is NTR obsolete? Its like the only way for cheats without a flash cart and its still being worked on and improved

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's obsolete because it was abandoned, didn't work on newer firmwares, and the source was only released when a better alternative (Rosalina) became common.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's obsolete because it was abandoned, didn't work on newer firmwares, and the source was only released when a better alternative (Rosalina) became common.
Uhm. Are we still talking about the ntr plugins cheats or something else. What you speak of sounds like im misunderstanding what your saying.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, we're talking about NTR. That binary blob that the hacking community managed to keep working for several 3DS versions until they also gave up on it. It was obsolete a few weeks ago, don't see why it wouldn't be now just because the source was finally released.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, we're talking about NTR. That binary blob that the hacking community managed to keep working for several 3DS versions until they also gave up on it. It was obsolete a few weeks ago, don't see why it wouldn't be now just because the source was finally released.
Is the luma plugin thing the new cheat method? Afaik it was still ntr for cheats. N3ds xl on 11.6 still works. I saw that source was released but wasnt aware that it was completely obsolete at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...