Gaming Are Nintendo starting to put piracy blocks on all their games?

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
edge199715 said:
^^^^^^^^^^
Your R4 box is too big.
And the price is 8000Y

you know, this was found in Japan( i don't remember, i think Osaka?) , i heard that Nintendo guy was put the flashcart in the vending machine....
laugh.gif
smile.gif

QUOTE(edge199715 @ Sep 25 2009, 11:42 PM) \
Anyways an announcement was made long ago that all games from november-december would have a piracy fix.

where do you heard the announcement ?
blink.gif

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
spectral said:
syko5150 said:
spectral said:
Companies are fully aware they cant win against piracy in the long run. The reason they still use it is to delay the pirates. Most games make the majority of their total profit with the early adopters who simply HAVE to play asap paying full retail price in the first few days after release. If the protection lasts those few days so those people pay instead of pirate it was worth the effort to them.
a lot of games get leaked a few days to a week before the actual release and the anti-piracy is usually removed no more then a couple of days after the leak so pirates still play the game days before the actual release date.

In which case they failed in their goal. My point is people seem to be under the impression that AP protection is always a waste of time because its always cracked at some point and that is not the case. People on the supply chain leaking games is another problem on top of simple piracy. Although not applicable to DS it is why a lot of PC games now need online authentication that downloads the final few files of the game before it can be played, on top of standard AP measures.

No DS games are even 'leaked' they get dumped when they get to the stores. And also peoples attitude regarding protections which is 'IT'LL ALWAYS GET CRACKED ETC ETC. is pretty stupid considering you only need to look at the PS3 to see that infact a fully secure system is possible, and if we just talk about DS theres only a few skilled coders for DS who even has the ability to crack anything difficult. So if a real protection did end up in a DS game that was actually fairly difficult i wouldn't expect a crack quickly at all.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
spectral said:
syko5150 said:
spectral said:
Companies are fully aware they cant win against piracy in the long run. The reason they still use it is to delay the pirates. Most games make the majority of their total profit with the early adopters who simply HAVE to play asap paying full retail price in the first few days after release. If the protection lasts those few days so those people pay instead of pirate it was worth the effort to them.
a lot of games get leaked a few days to a week before the actual release and the anti-piracy is usually removed no more then a couple of days after the leak so pirates still play the game days before the actual release date.

In which case they failed in their goal. My point is people seem to be under the impression that AP protection is always a waste of time because its always cracked at some point and that is not the case. People on the supply chain leaking games is another problem on top of simple piracy. Although not applicable to DS it is why a lot of PC games now need online authentication that downloads the final few files of the game before it can be played, on top of standard AP measures.

No DS games are even 'leaked' they get dumped when they get to the stores. And also peoples attitude regarding protections which is 'IT'LL ALWAYS GET CRACKED ETC ETC. is pretty stupid considering you only need to look at the PS3 to see that infact a fully secure system is possible, and if we just talk about DS theres only a few skilled coders for DS who even has the ability to crack anything difficult. So if a real protection did end up in a DS game that was actually fairly difficult i wouldn't expect a crack quickly at all.
a lot of ds games get leaked...the stores that get the game get them days before the release dates and the employees take copies home and dump them before the release date that's a leak.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
spectral said:
syko5150 said:
spectral said:

I'm pretty sure PS3 isn't fully secure, at least not when it comes to PS2 games. Apparently those with BC PS3s can play pirated PS2 games using some sort of application. That's only PS2 games, though.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hero_Of_Fate said:
I'm pretty sure PS3 isn't fully secure, at least not when it comes to PS2 games. Apparently those with BC PS3s can play pirated PS2 games using some sort of application. That's only PS2 games, though.
A major part of the PS3s security is having kept a large part of the actual hackers in the scene, namely those just looking for a homebrew exploit, off their backs with OpenPlatform. The new Slim model might change that, though.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
anything before the official release date is a leak...and its only a matter of time before the PS3 gets hacked too

Usually in gaming a leak means a proto/beta version, or one that's released before being shipped out to shops to be sold.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
syko5150 said:
anything before the official release date is a leak...and its only a matter of time before the PS3 gets hacked too

No because its not even leaked from anywhere if its in a shop being sold is it. And saying 'EVERYTHING GETS HACKED SO ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME' is stupidity. There's been no progress on PS3 and no indication it will be hacked any time soon.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm of the opinion that everything will be hacked eventually, nothing is impossible.

I will admit the PS3 is going to be very tough though. In addition to the usual blocks, the PS3 has a program, I think it's the Advisor (the name escapes me now) that constantly runs on one of the cores of the cell that monitors everything about the system. The usual buffer overflow tricks won't work because while one core may crash and allow unsigned code to run, the one running the Advisor will not and shuts down the system if it detects any funny business.

toszi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's hoping someone can help.
And have you seen the comments from the scene website?! Those guys are acting like the game assaulted them! 0_o
And here I liked the dinosaurs one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina