Are GBA flashcarts worth anything nowadays?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Harsky, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I have a F2A Ultra 256MB flashcart which I bought 3 years ago and I hated it. I hated how I can only fit in either one big rom or maybe at several smaller rom. Maybe it was because I was a computer newbie at the time but by then I moved on to something else and was happy with the slot 2 DS cart when it first came out.

Now I found the F2A cart sitting in my drawer and was wondering if anyone will buy it in this time and age?

2. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    you might have better luck putting this in the trading section m8.

3. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I know but I thought it won't hurt to ask before putting it up.

4. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    This need to go in the trading or selling section [​IMG]

Hmm... I would say this really wouldn't fetch much. An EZ Flash 3-in-1 is 10 times better, and only costs $20 + shipping. :\ So... Probably wouldn't give you much.

5. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Shame. Seems I left it too late to sell.

6. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    Just call it a hypothetical question and you're good Harsky =p

Heres what I did with my EFA-Linker 256. Put some racing games on it, loaded it up in an old GBA SP and gave it to my 2 (almost 3)year old son.

So my advice: find another use for it, maybe for a nephew/niece or somethin [​IMG]

7. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I might be interested... But first I want to know: how much do you want for it and how you write games on it.

I probably wouldn't use it much, but I still want to link some of my gamecube games with some GBA games for extras and such. My M3 Lite can't boot up like an original game, and I don't like the idea of having to write games from the DS.

Btw, do you have to patch games? If so, how good is the patching software?

8. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Don't know how much you'd get for it but I'm pretty sure you'd find a buyer. There's quite a few people out there looking for GBA-only carts to go in their SP's or Micro's. 3-in-1's are a pain in the arse for that.

9. sabinraijin

sabinraijin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    United States
    Well speak -O- the devil! I'm in need of a cheap GBA flashcart for when Mother 3 is done being translated! I'll just shoot you a $15 offer and see how that stews........PM me plz.

10. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    £7.50?! [​IMG] Wow. Um okay, maybe you will have some trouble selling it after all.

11. sabinraijin

sabinraijin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2006
    United States
    I'd say $15 is a pretty decent offer considering something much better is only $5 more =/ (according to Warcueid)

lol n/m though you made me realize they're on a different continent.........wouldn't really be worth the small amount of cash to ship it overseas.....

12. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    If you offer it at a low enough price, people will probably buy it. Remind potential buyers of what the original price was and what its advantages are over the external-media devices of today to increase bids. People nowadays are so used to their Supercards and M3s and EZ-Flashes that they forget people used to willingly pay $100 for 64 MB of flash that was a pain in the butt to work with.

You'd probably want to sell the flashing cable along with it though, as people are unlikely to already have one lying around. I have a F2A USB cable for my Flash2Advance Ultra but I don't know if it will work on an original F2A or not.

13. MC DUI

MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 30, 2003
    Newcastle, Australia
    IMO you are better off keeping your GBA flashcard.

I've still got my EZFA and it sits in my GBASP for random gaming when I don't want to take my more expensive handhelds with me.

Plus it could be good as a present for a kid as stated earlier in the thread. [​IMG]