Arcadecraft coming to XBLA and PC

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Quietlyawesome94, Aug 31, 2012.

Aug 31, 2012
  1. Quietlyawesome94
    OP

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Developer Orbitron Revolution recently unveiled an upcoming arcade management sim for PC and Xbox Live. The game appears to take inspiration from other games in the Genre such as Rollercoaster Tycoon and EA's Sim City, however, with its own arcade twist. Arcadecraft will hopefully include up to 100 fictional arcade machines; the machines will progress in complexity as time goes on with features such as black and white turning into color, Two player machines, along with "Laserdiscs" and other features. Players will need to manage the layout of their arcade, ensure that business is running smoothly, and ensure that machines are running properly.

Arcadecraft is currently in development and is expected to be completed around October, with a release soon after.

:arrow: Source

1 person likes this.
  2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Looks great on paper, but I fear it's a game that will quickly bore me after a few hours (there can't be that much variety in a game like that anyway :(), still I'll give it a spin.

And now, in related news... why the heck everything has the -craft suffix, lately?

3. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Because Mine[craft] made a killing fortune. People love to ride coattails.

4. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Yeah, Warcraft totally copied Notch.

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Huh, Minecraft sounds so '08... I mean, it's not anymore the goldmine it used to be. Why still ride on something that isn't so hot anymore? :unsure:

Still, his point is pretty valid. They're mimicking Minecraft, not Warcraft ;) Off-topic: I miss your BeeMo avatar :(

6. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    obv it's an arcade aboard a spacecraft

7. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Warcraft also came before. Take a look how many games now have the word "craft" at the end, are on the lower spectrum of graphics, and are either like Minecraft, or in it's style.

8. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Unless this turns out to be a Tron game in disguise, I can't say I'm too interested.

I'm not much of a fan of these sorts of sim games. I always just screw around for a few hours, get bored, and then rain fire and brimstone upon the world until I get bored of that.

9. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Seems like a cheap attempt to catch the buzz from that upcoming Pixar movie.
    Made cheap and simple for the casual crowd trying to get that arcade nostalgia buzz without actually playing an arcade game.

Static arcade screens, NPCs fake playing games, constant top down view.
    Its just Roller coaster Tycoon without the ability to actually go on the rides.
    Or even create anything creative.

If it had some real playable and original arcade games to play, maybe some dip switches to mess with and cabinets to repair, then maybe, maybe it could make sense.

As a cheap indie game, sure, but anything else then its just over priced.

I hope I'm wrong about this one, but I think what we see in the video is as good as it gets.

I'm tempted to make my own arcade simulation game just to compete with them out of spite.
    I have some good ideas I've had for years, I bet this casual sim fest would go down easy.
    If the poor thing isn't forgotten as soon as the Pixar movie buzz dies.

Best of luck to them though.
    In truth the world could use some arcade simulation games.
    But I hope the game gets a ton better first.