AR Codes for GBA

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Dark Avenger, Jun 2, 2010.

Jun 2, 2010

AR Codes for GBA by Dark Avenger at 3:39 PM (774 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Dark Avenger
    OP

Newcomer Dark Avenger Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, didn't know if this is the right section, but I have ordered the EZ 3-in-1 Expansion Pak for my AceKard2 on the DSLite. For a bit of fun, I downloaded The Fake "Chaos Black Version". I was wondering, if I can boot Action Replay codes into the GBA Rom through the AceKard?

Any Help regarding this matter is greatly appreciated!

2. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    The only two slot one cards that support GBA cheats are the EZ-Flash and the M3. The M3 uses it's own expansion pack. You're only options with the setup that you have it to write the game to NOR and buy an action replay. Not the duo version. You could also directly patch the rom with a cheat using cracker's tools. http://crackerscrap.com/index.php?p=docs.

3. Dark Avenger
    OP

United Kingdom
    So, seeing as I have ordered the EZ 3-in-1, I will be able to use cheats? Or will I need to patch the rom...
    I am using AKAIO firmware on my AceKard 2. My Pokemon Emerald (real game cart) is in slot-2, and if I try to open the cheat menu, it comes up saying I need to select a .nds file... I obviously knew that it wouldn't work, because cheat.dat doesn't support GBA (as far as I know...) but I was curious...

4. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah, you need to patch the roms with the cheats, or you have to buy a real gba action replay.

5. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    GBA cheats are CHT format. Each rom has it's own cheat. If you really wanted to use GBA cheats you should have gone with something like a $22 EZ-Flash IV slot two card.

6. Dark Avenger
    OP

United Kingdom
    Done some research on that... If I get an EZ-Flash IV Slot-Two card with an EZPass3, that means I will be able to use cheats for GBA, but I will have to remove my AceKard for that correct?

And I believe that EZPass3 acts like NoPass correct?

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I believe you should be able to use the EZ-Flash with the AceKard.

IIRC, all current Slot-1 flashcards can work as a NoPass Device.

8. Dark Avenger
    OP

United Kingdom
    Right, so If I get the EZ-Flash IV, I will boot it through the AceKard menu?