Hacking AR 3DS problems

quantum1024

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just bought a whole set of Pokemon Sinnoh series (DPPt) cartridges from some supplier in eBay. He seemed legit, with a rather good review score 99.2% out of some 3000 reviewers, so it can't go wrong (other than the fact that the cartridges did not come with the box).

9380921507_d2c4cb8996_n.jpg
9380920945_0c98fe34b4_n.jpg

Anyway, I managed to start up all the cartridges, so everything went well. My USB save backup attachment worked well, recognising the cartridges (example given is it working with the Pokemon Platinum cartridge).

9383729522_b86ec65b4b_n.jpg

The problem began when I used my Action Replay on it. For some reason, upon loading the games after attaching the Action Replay, both screens turned white, not loading to the actual game. The problem is the same for all 3 games. I have checked with my "newer" (by release date) games, Pokemon SoulSilver, White and White 2 and I still have no idea what is wrong. The only thing I do know was that I updated my Action Replay to the 25 June 2013 firmware to make it work with my 3DS XL.

9380921075_a68c00f132_n.jpg

Any ideas?

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked online for some sources and this site:
http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/16790
Shows a real Pokemon Diamond and a fake Pokemon Diamond. The fake's back serial starts with A2DEN. Unless I'm looking at your pictures incorrectly every card you have starts with A2DEN.

Unless someone else can prove me wrong I'm pretty sure those are fakes.

quantum1024

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You are right about the serial numbers: they all are A2DEN0J08. The Patent Pending note is also rendered as PAT.PEND. in my Sinnoh series instead of the PAT. PEND. in my Johto or Unova series cartridges.

Ah well, not that I needed the cheat system to work anyway. I only use my AR for event items and filling my inventory with consumables.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well hey if the games still work then enjoy them. If you had a flashcard I'd recommend playing it on that for a broader range of cheats.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
That is probably because you flashed the AR DSi/3DS firmware onto AR DS, which likely bricked it. That is the only way you get white screens. The AR DS doesn't work on a 3DS for starters, you will need the AR DSi or the newer one that has the 3DS support.

This might help you.
IMG_170117b.JPG

---

Looks like you got a UK version of the AR, if you flashed it with the US firmware that would have bricked it as well if they used different files.

quantum1024

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just a note here, the sticker did say it is just a AR DS, but in practice it is actually a AR DSi (no microSD slot). I have tested it fully on my 3DS XL with Pokemon White 2, White and SoulSilver and they all worked as normal with the firmware update. It also only connects to the AR DSi code manager (not the AR DS code manager). It is only the Sinnoh set I am having problems with.

So to sum it all up: no, I did not brick it.

Also, the white screen only appears upon booting the game with the AR attached, not upon starting up the device itself.

quantum1024

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Either the carts are fake or the UK AR doesn't like US games inserted.

You technically shouldn't have any issues with any DS games regardless of the region. The only issues you should have are those with the DSi Enhanced features.

Region shouldn't be a problem. All my confirmed legit DS cartridges (as in the packaging was intact when I bought it, unlike the Sinnoh set) are USA edition, as noted below:

Pokemon SoulSilver: NTR-IPGE-USA
Pokemon White: TWL-IRAO-USA
Pokemon White 2: TWL-IRDO-USA

As pointed out earlier, and I later noticed, there some inconsistencies in the Sinnoh set as compared to the other Pokemon games that I have. The phrase "The Pokémon Company" had inconsistent font rendering in the Sinnoh set, and there is some evidence of aliasing and kerning issues on the Sinnoh set label, things that would most likely be punishable by death under Nintendo's stringent QC standards.

Most likely the Sinnoh cartridges are fake. Ah well, the things you have to risk when buying out-of-print games.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region shouldn't be a problem. All my confirmed legit DS cartridges (as in the packaging was intact when I bought it, unlike the Sinnoh set) are USA edition, as noted below:

Pokemon SoulSilver: NTR-IPGE-USA
Pokemon White: TWL-IRAO-USA
Pokemon White 2: TWL-IRDO-USA

As pointed out earlier, and I later noticed, there some inconsistencies in the Sinnoh set as compared to the other Pokemon games that I have. The phrase "The Pokémon Company" had inconsistent font rendering in the Sinnoh set, and there is some evidence of aliasing and kerning issues on the Sinnoh set label, things that would most likely be punishable by death under Nintendo's stringent QC standards.

Most likely the Sinnoh cartridges are fake. Ah well, the things you have to risk when buying out-of-print games.

No sir the fact your serials are all the same is 100% proof that they are fake. Your serials on the back of the card are supposed to match the front.

For ex. Pokemon Diamond has the serial NTR-ADAE-USA on the front of the card. The back is ADAEN5J13 yet all of your cards use A2DE.

Fun fact although this is a little off topic but A2DE is New Super Mario Bros (U) http://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=show_record&s=28&n=0434

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1