Apps for phone maintenance?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by GamerzHell9137, May 22, 2015.

1. GamerzHell9137
    OP

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    What's the best app to clean up your phone aka to make it run faster? (Clean RAM etc)
    Recommending apps that you think that might help and make the mobile experience better would be great too.

2. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Android

3. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    There is absolutely no reason to "Clean RAM". You're only wasting battery time by doing that, it has no actual benefit since Android automatically closes down applications when it needs RAM elsewhere.

RevPokemon likes this.
  4. GamerzHell9137
    OP

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Ahh i see. Didn't know that.

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    This. Any "task manager" app you see is essentially worthless and is just a waste of battery.

However there are still various things you can do to help keep your phone running well from boot.

Download Autostarts, assuming you're rooted. You can check and disable some of the app processes that boot up and change under certain conditions. You can disable a lot of non-system app boot processes that aren't really necessary, like say a note editor, or games that for some reason require a boot complete notification. You could even stop some system apps, too, that you don't use, like I disable Youtube and the flashlight app and google maps and shit from starting processes on bootup. It won't be a huge, noticeable change in performance or battery life, but it does help a bit.