Hacking Applying Hori screen protectors

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got my Hori DSL screen protectors in the mail today from play-asia. Not surprisingly, the instructions to apply them are in Japanese. Can someone translate the instructions?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the pictures are self explanatory....just remember the color tabs (I think red and black) shows you what to peel off last. AKA after you've peeled off the other side and stuck it on the screen and taken out the bubbles. Then you peel off the colored tabs for the smooth finish.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The japanese pictures weren't very helpful. I had to look online for a while to get some better directions. The tabs were all the same colors and I didn't want to screw them up.

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, the pictures really don't show enough. I gather (from this thread and the pics.. although mostly from this thread) that I need to peel something off from both sides. I assume I take the clear one off first, then apply the protector to the screen, then take the other side off (the one with the coloured tab).

Now, what I still don't know is.. which one goes where? Are they interchangable, or is one for the top screen, and one of the touch screen? One has a red tab, the other has a white one (the pictures aren't in colour.. so they provide no hints..)

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, the pictures really don't show enough. I gather (from this thread and the pics.. although mostly from this thread) that I need to peel something off from both sides. I assume I take the clear one off first, then apply the protector to the screen, then take the other side off (the one with the coloured tab).

Now, what I still don't know is.. which one goes where? Are they interchangable, or is one for the top screen, and one of the touch screen? One has a red tab, the other has a white one (the pictures aren't in colour.. so they provide no hints..)

Ill help you!

The big one is for the top screen, the small one for the bottom screen.

First you peel of the back has no sticker on it, then you put it on the screen (make sure you got it right, on all side same space etc..) and pull on the label at the side of the protector, now the top plastic should come off..DONE

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't let the last tab come off til you're sure everything is perfect. I wanted to take out some dust but the tab fell off and i was screwed.

Oh yeah the bottom one is a bit thicker and more rigid.

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The big one is for the top screen, the small one for the bottom screen.

First you peel of the back has no sticker on it, then you put it on the screen (make sure you got it right, on all side same space etc..) and pull on the label at the side of the protector, now the top plastic should come off..DONE
When you say the big one, you mean after you have peeled the back (b/c the protector that looks smaller is actually bigger with the backing on..)

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, the one with the big backing I used for the bottom touchpad. Just take both pieces and match them against your screen to see which is for which.

scrawl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Both screens are the same size.

One of the protectors will fit onto just the touchscreen.

The other protector will cover the top screen AND the grey border around it.

So to summarise, after peeling the protector off the backing, the small one will go on the touchscreen and the large one will go on the top screen.

The yellow sticker with Japanese writing indicates the top of the protector - Make sure that side is facing towards you when placing them.

odyssy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I get to the stage where it looks like this:
dslapplied6zq.jpg

but when I try to peel back the last layer, (ie. with the red tab).. the whole thing comes off. What am I doing wrong?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you're not doing anything wrong, try peeling slower because the red is supposed to be only attached to the film on top after you iron out the bubbles and making sure it's straight etc. AKA your last move for a unscathed screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4