OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gigaom.com/2010/07/28/nintendo-3ds-...business-model/

This whole article is pretty funny.

My favorite quotes:
"And as for five-year hardware cycles, that’s a lifetime for consumers who have grown accustomed to a new iPhone every year."

I don't know about you guys, but I would rather have something that lasted 5 years rather than buying a new one every year...

"The device is doomed, and Apple killed it."

I don't think this guy know anything about video games.

*I meant funniest not funnies. It's like 2 am.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
The ipod touch/iphone isn't even a gaming device....I don't buy an iphone/ipod touch to play games though it is a nice addition. I believe this articles retarded, but maybe thats me

jimwhat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
The ipod touch/iphone isn't even a gaming device....I don't buy an iphone/ipod touch to play games though it is a nice addition. I believe this articles retarded, but maybe thats me
Everyone agrees. The guy got bashed in the comments below the article. He really should've done some research.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh I didn't read the comments but I should have guessed.....I mean just because the iphone has games doesn't mean it could even combat against nintendo (unless one had to choose to play music or play games).

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I posted this:

"Bullshit. Your saying I should throw out $200 every bloody year for a new system, and that my games should be two dollar ports of PC flash games? Show me an iPhone game that beats out Metal Gear, Kid Icarus, Mario, Ocarina of Time, etc etc etc. This was written by an outspoken Apple fanboy and needent even be considered. Apple isn't even in Ninty's market."

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
It amazes me that people have the gall to write crap like that...The I phone came out in 2007....It's 2010 and we already have an iphone 4....I'm sorry! I do not have money like that....and it's not like upgrades like Nintendo does...Nintendo, when focusing on a line of handhelds, never makes another version of its handheld make another one obsolete (DS lite didn't make your phat obsolete, DSi didn't make the DS Lite obsolete....They all could do the same main functions and you'd never feel the "need" to upgrade...unlike how Apple makes people feel with the iphone)

jimwhat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
I posted this:

"Bullshit. Your saying I should throw out $200 every bloody year for a new system, and that my games should be two dollar ports of PC flash games? Show me an iPhone game that beats out Metal Gear, Kid Icarus, Mario, Ocarina of Time, etc etc etc. This was written by an outspoken Apple fanboy and needent even be considered. Apple isn't even in Ninty's market."

Exactly. Nobody in their right mind would want to have to buy a new system every year.

QUOTE(JinTrigger @ Jul 29 2010, 02:23 AM) It amazes me that people have the gall to write crap like that...The I phone came out in 2007....It's 2010 and we already have an iphone 4....I'm sorry! I do not have money like that....and it's not like upgrades like Nintendo does...Nintendo, when focusing on a line of handhelds, never makes another version of its handheld make another one obsolete (DS lite didn't make your phat obsolete, DSi didn't make the DS Lite obsolete....They all could do the same main functions and you'd never feel the "need" to upgrade...unlike how Apple makes people feel with the iphone)

My friend still uses his DS Phat. He's been using that for almost 6 years and has never needed an update to enjoy the newest games.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
jimwhat said:
Midna said:
Just read This. Excellect rebuttal.
Great article. It's good to see that some writers don't make up random bs and actually do some research.

I know right...I was blown away by that article, but the point he made that I like best was the preference of digital/physical media. It has been seen with the PSPgo's release that most gamers prefer physical media...Believe or not....Everyone doesn't have wi-fi or either doesn't have internet at all and unless you have an iphone, (even though trying to download at cellular dataplan blows) no wifi/decent internet would virtually make apple products a tad bit useless in my opinion

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Samsung BlackJack II for a phone, and I'm happy with the NES, SNES, and Genesis emulators, the Garmin GPS, and other hacks available for my phone. I don't care about iPhones, or Droids, and all this app shit is nothing but an annoying Butterfinger commercial to me. I don't visit my old MySpace account, refuse to start a FaceBook account, and could give a shit about all this hipster bullshit that will eventually fade away.

I've been playing my Gameboy since 1989, and I've always loved video games for what they are. Nintendo's success is not an overnight achievment, but rather a success that they have spent years perfecting. The 3DS will easily sell 10 million units, but if this douchebag thinks that it's going to fail in the long term, he's wrong. Show me a game on the iPhone that will make me put down my 3DS, and say, "Wow, this is what portable gaming should be," and then I'll buy a Droid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1