KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
toguro_max said:
You guys are not getting the point of this fine article. This fine gentleman is a Time Traveller! I'm serious here!! Haven't you noticed the tense he used?
""The device is doomed, and Apple killed it." ipod touch/iphone

tongue.gif

I mean if I want to game I get a game system not a phone or music player .

Time to read the article
tongue.gif

QUOTE(dsfanatic5 @ Jul 29 2010, 02:54 AM)
I have a Samsung BlackJack II for a phone, and I'm happy with the NES, SNES, and Genesis emulators, the Garmin GPS, and other hacks available for my phone. I don't care about iPhones, or Droids, and all this app shit is nothing but an annoying Butterfinger commercial to me. I don't visit my old MySpace account, refuse to start a FaceBook account, and could give a shit about all this hipster bullshit that will eventually fade away.

I've been playing my Gameboy since 1989, and I've always loved video games for what they are. Nintendo's success is not an overnight achievment, but rather a success that they have spent years perfecting. The 3DS will easily sell 10 million units, but if this douchebag thinks that it's going to fail in the long term, he's wrong. Show me a game on the iPhone that will make me put down my 3DS, and say, "Wow, this is what portable gaming should be," and then I'll buy a Droid.

+1

Although I do have a g1 , but it has emulators ....

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an apple fan mentioning someone else's artificially inflated prices as a reason why apple is better. now I've seen everything. hellooooo $1200 netbooks
biggrin.gif

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok people this what we need to do:

1. Get a camera
2. Record the launch of the system
3. Ask people why it's important
4. Send it to a news channel.

Take that Apple!
yaynds.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow...wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!!! You're telling me that instead of my DS which I've had for 6 years and has entertained me perfectly well for 6 years should have been replaced every year for those past 6 years? You're saying that I should've shelled out £100-150 each year (cheaper than an iPod in the UK) just to play the newer games? You're saying my games should be micro-games which will entertain me for 5 minutes at a time?
I like my 6 year old Nintendo DS. Its still functioning perfectly so why should I have ever had to replace it? The games on it are far superior to any iPod game I've played as of yet. Hardware buttons are a must for any true gaming experience. My PSP is also a PSP-1000 which works perfectly, its games are much better than the iPod games, what's more its STILL cheaper than my iPod ever was. Think about it, in the UK an iPod touch 32GB costs £210 minimum. The model down from that is technically the old model. A brand new DSi costs £125 and it has much nicer games (if you ignore the shovelware). A new PSP-3000 costs £135, admittedly you have to shell out for a memory stick but that stick just needs to be 1GB to hold your saves, less even.

Sir your argument is fail. You argue you can't market a console at $250, well i argue you can't market an MP3 player that costs more.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol, I would rather have a new console released every 5 years than have to waste my money buying one every year. And ipod touch and iphone do not rule, maybe too him they do, but not do gamers. He needs to do some research before making articles like that.

Mike 3DS News

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
jimwhat said:
Midna said:
Just read This. Excellect rebuttal.
Great article. It's good to see that some writers don't make up random bs and actually do some research.

I know right...I was blown away by that article, but the point he made that I like best was the preference of digital/physical media. It has been seen with the PSPgo's release that most gamers prefer physical media...Believe or not....Everyone doesn't have wi-fi or either doesn't have internet at all and unless you have an iphone, (even though trying to download at cellular dataplan blows) no wifi/decent internet would virtually make apple products a tad bit useless in my opinion

Just wanted to come on here and thank you guys for showing some appreciation for my writing! I realize the blog is a bit...light at the moment, but I've only launched 9 days ago and there isn't exactly a plethora of information available right now.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make. Digital distribution IS the future, but it's just that, the future. It's like saying "why use trains or cars, we have planes!" - sure, alternatives exist, and in the long run something may get phased out. But there are still serious limitations on bandwidth, monitoring (parents may not want their child browsing 3DSware, for example), transfer of ownership, etc.

I think Wolf was on the right track, but not on the right train - he kind of assumes that Nintendo also won't acknowledge a digital distribution model (which they have shown they will with WiiWare/DSiWare), and underestimates a truly unique product - kind of like why the ipod touch (gasp! touch based interface is what differentiates it, along with gyro controls) is popular.

General rule of business - if you are the only one saying "this model won't work", you probably need to rethink your article.

I'll hopefully have a post up on a smart combined digital distribution/physical model for the 3DS later today.

Cheers,
Mike
My 3DS News

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow the whole article made me laugh. What made me laugh even more were the comments. At least the guy did some research.....

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy doesn't seem to understand what he's talking about...

He claims that the low quality games will appeal to the casual market, but... since when have you heard of a casual gamer buying a 200 dollar phone with a 100 dollar a month plan? My mom doesn't even know what a smart phone is, but she can easily beat my top score at Geometry Wars.

Why the assumption that casual gamers would flock to use something that they don't need (a smart phone) or that on the off chance they do, they choose the iPhone over say, the Android or Windows Mobile?

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
PikaPerson01 said:
The guy doesn't seem to understand what he's talking about...

He claims that the low quality games will appeal to the casual market, but... since when have you heard of a casual gamer buying a 200 dollar phone with a 100 dollar a month plan? My mom doesn't even know what a smart phone is, but she can easily beat my top score at Geometry Wars.

Why the assumption that casual gamers would flock to use something that they don't need (a smart phone) or that on the off chance they do, they choose the iPhone over say, the Android or Windows Mobile?
Because "little kids here about it and tell everyone", that's what he said about the DS selling, and that's what Im saying for why the iPhone is selling

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
PikaPerson01 said:
He claims that the low quality games will appeal to the casual market, but... since when have you heard of a casual gamer buying a 200 dollar phone with a 100 dollar a month plan?
[...]
Why the assumption that casual gamers would flock to use something that they don't need (a smart phone)
You seem to be confusing "casual gamers" with "casual tech users". Just because they wouldn't pay $200 for a gaming console doesn't mean they wouldn't pay $200 for a phone.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Looks like someone wanted to compare his Ipod Toy against something it doesn`t even come out, like 3DS.

Wolf needs your attention haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c