Apple gets sued for $1M over squeaky-clean doors

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm doubting that she fell cause whenever I walked into a door or window I don't fall backwards except if I was running and I'm gonna say that the old woman wasn't running.
Were you 83 years old when you walked into a door?
No but seriously what are the chances of someone walking normally into a door and then falling backwards, they would have to be walking faster than normal or running for them to hit and fall otherwise its just a tap and embarrassment at best.

D

Deleted-236924

I'm doubting that she fell cause whenever I walked into a door or window I don't fall backwards except if I was running and I'm gonna say that the old woman wasn't running.
No but seriously what are the chances of someone walking normally into a door and then falling backwards, they would have to be walking faster than normal or running for them to hit and fall otherwise its just a tap and embarrassment at best.
You never were 83 years old, so it's only natural that you wouldn't know.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you try walking towards a door and hit it and then see if you fall backwards or not cause again you either have to be walking fast or running to fall backwards not walking normally or slowly.

D

Deleted-236924

Why don't you try walking towards a door and hit it and then see if you fall backwards or not cause again you either have to be walking fast or running to fall backwards not walking normally or slowly.
The result would be inaccurate since I'm not 83-years old.

Reactions: 1 person

BlazeV

Trophies
XP
Country
she should've watched where she was walking its not apples fault that some people don't pay attention when walking around

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Whatever. Apparently the whole concept of walking into a door and not falling, logic and common sense is lost on you so I won't bother.

D

Deleted-236924

Whatever. Apparently the whole concept of walking into a door and not falling, logic and common sense is lost on you so I won't bother.
And, apparently, the whole concept of "a 83-year old lady is much more likely to lose balance after walking into a door than a 17-year old" is not something you have ever heard of.

Reactions: 2 people

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
And, apparently, the whole concept of "a 83-year old lady is much more likely to lose balance after walking into a door than a 17-year old" is not something you have ever heard of.
So an 83 year old woman who probably walks with a cane or something walked into a door but not very fast just normally but maybe slower than a 17 year old and loses balance and falls just seem a little illogical to me.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, people have won similarly outrageous lawsuits (the woman who claimed that McDonald's coffee was too hot and the woman who stepped on a cup she threw on the ground, broke her ankle, and then sued the restaurant) so a case like this isn't entirely unprecedented.

There's a lot of complaints you can send Apple's way, but really, this is a bit ridiculous.
But in all those cases they actually did get what could be classified as an injury but this old woman didn't break her hip or back or anything she just walked into a door, I walked into doors before and I never got injured at all but felt embarrassed and stupid. I can't see this case going anywhere.
Mental scars, public humiliation and a bruise are an equivalent of a mild burn caused by some spilled coffee to me.

As if pointed out above, it wasn't a 'mild burn', it was serious, full thickness burns which required a long hospital stay and skin grafts because the coffee being served by McDonalds was dangerously and negligently too hot for human consumption.

Rob3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's an old woman, why do people call her stupid for something like this? I think there should be signs on the doors and she's right to sue the company. It's not like they're short of cash anyway, greedy bastards.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So an 83 year old woman who probably walks with a cane or something walked into a door but not very fast just normally but maybe slower than a 17 year old and loses balance and falls just seem a little illogical to me.
It's still possible. I've seen a man just stand at a curb after getting off a bus, and 10 seconds after standing there just lose balance and fall. I've seen a man walk down some stairs and suddenly fall over, and end up with a large welt on his forehead. Even if they have canes and walkers, they can still lose balance. And when you walk into a door, the force applied to hitting it is also reflected. Newton's Laws of Motion. With every action is an equal and opposite reaction. You walk into the door and just bounce back a little, but because you have excellent balance, you don't fall back because your quick to adjust, quick to react. However, a person of 80+ years can have trouble keeping their balance, and so any external force applied to them, even a little bit, can knock them down because they can't react as quickly.

gshock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While she IS old as hell and it actually isn't her fault, it certainly isn't apples fault either.

She proves she's stupid by suing apple though. What a joke. Apple isn't going to care if some frail old lady is suing them, they're gonna crush the fuck out of her.
Unless they decide not to because they think it could increase the appeal of their brand. ( public relations )

Apple seems to get in too many lawsuits, in recent history.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Dude THIS is a 17-year old:
koproof.jpg

...and THIS is an 83-year old:
86438442_1332822420_1332822424_460x460.jpg

How the FUCK can you compare the two in terms of physical reactions??

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
What a waste of a lawsuit. I think someone should just buy her a new set of glasses instead so she doesn't run into anymore doors.
Nearly as wasteful as Apple's lawsuits against Android manufacturers.

Oh, ho, I went there.

Oh snap. He totally just went there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton