Apple Announces iPhone Event for October 4th

Do you think it's going to be better ?

• It will be great, like every Apple product.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It will suck, Apple just improves a few things on their products.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
Gahars said:
Wizerzak said:
IMO who cares? It'll be just the same as the previous however many iPhones there have been but with a bit more RAM, cpu, cameras, gimmicks etc.

Agreed. I honestly couldn't care less; it's going to be another money grubbing device that people buy in droves anyway.
If you couldn't care less about the iPhone or anything Apple. Why did you come into the thread? Clearly you do care. Or you just came to say dumb things.
Or to get that Post Count/E-peen up.

On the plus side, I do care about this... It's been years since I've bought any "iProducts" and I'm really looking for to an iPhone or new iTouch now that I finally have some bit of money
happy.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wizerzak said:
I came to give my opinion on the matter of Apple releasing a 'new' phone every 10 months or w/e.
10 months? It has been over a year since the last iPhone. Well over a year.

And what I said was mostly aimed at Gahars

D

Deleted_171835

Gahars said:
Wizerzak said:
IMO who cares? It'll be just the same as the previous however many iPhones there have been but with a bit more RAM, cpu, cameras, gimmicks etc.

Agreed. I honestly couldn't care less; it's going to be another money grubbing device that people buy in droves anyway.

caring.png

iFish said:
Gahars said:
QUOTE(Wizerzak @ Sep 27 2011, 12:24 PM)

If you couldn't care less about the iPhone or anything Apple. Why did you come into the thread? Clearly you do care. Or you just came to say dumb things.
Because they want to give their opinion. Because it's a thread, where you discuss the topic regardless of whether you have a negative or positive stance.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
iFish said:
Wizerzak said:
Well, every year or so then. And personally I agree with this.
That seems all OK. Personally I don't care. But "Tougher glass" What? If you drop any phone you'll break it. Not just the iPhone.

It depends on the phone. Newer phones seem to break easier than older ones and the iPhone is particularly vulnerable as it has a large screen with nothing 'in front on it' if you know what I mean.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
I was proven wrong.
sad.gif

I didn't think this would happen
Who told you so publicly and will make fun of you soon?

iFish said:
QUOTE(Wizerzak @ Sep 27 2011, 04:54 PM) Well, every year or so then. And personally I agree with this.
That seems all OK. Personally I don't care. But "Tougher glass" What? If you drop any phone you'll break it. Not just the iPhone.
There's a thing called Guerrilla Glass, it's been out on a variety of phones since at least the original Droid, it's glass that's far tougher and harder to break. Apple does not use this. Their phones break easier.

And all the blatant Apple haters can GTFO, I hate reading an Apple thread just to read 7/10 replies that consist of Apple hate completely irrelevant of the actual topic.

Biochao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokesplosion.com
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
iFish said:
Wizerzak said:

It depends on the phone. Newer phones seem to break easier than older ones and the iPhone is particularly vulnerable as it has a large screen with nothing 'in front on it' if you know what I mean.
That's because newer phones use glass. Older (and non-touchscreen) phones use plastic.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
Whoever wrote that article is clearly an idiot.

1. FM radio? Are you fucking kid? What fucking phone has an FM radio?

2. So the alarm clock needs to be fixed because he can't remember to put it on silent when he goes to sleep? How would he remember to turn it off if he can't remember to put it on silent?

3. This makes it obvious that he's never actually used the device for any extended period of time.

7. Yes, it is fucking vital. When we have these incredibly dense devices which are packed to the brim with components, every cubic millimeter counts. Swapping SIM cards isn't a regular activity for the average cell phone user, and they're not going to make alterations to the device to cater specifically to "professional" electronics reviewers.

While the rest of the article are "legitimate points," they're also fucking obvious. A5 is coming, price isn't really an issue in the US, make it less fragile, iTunes sux, etc. Suffice to say I'm surprised and disgusted that this man receives a paycheck from CNET.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
I wouldn't say they're discussing. More like blatant hating.

Because saying "I don't care for this" on a topic whose main purpose is to ignite discussion and allow people to communicate their viewpoints is clearly a terrible thing.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Biochao said:
Wizerzak said:
iFish said:
Wizerzak said:

That's because newer phones use glass. Older (and non-touchscreen) phones use plastic.

No, I mean the iPhone doesn't have any buttons protruding out the front, meaning the glass takes the full impact. With other phones that have buttons etc, don't suffer like that.

Also, what Terminator02 said about the type of glass, I'd heard about that but wasn't sure if it was true or not (too lazy to Google) so I didn't risk looking like an idiot
yay.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
iFish said:

Because saying "I don't care for this" on a topic whose main purpose is to ignite discussion and allow people to communicate their viewpoints is clearly a terrible thing.

The main purpose is not to "ignite discussion." It's to inform us that there's an iPhone event on October 4th.

brb posting "I don't care for Kirby" in every Kirby Mass Attack thread.

No, I mean the iPhone doesn't have any buttons protruding out the front, meaning the glass takes the full impact. With other phones that have buttons etc, don't suffer like that.
Uh, what? That makes no sense.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
iFish said:

It's not that discussion is a bad thing, but it's that the discussion consists of a huge party of shitting on Apple. Sort of like all the Sony threads.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Gahars said:
iFish said:

The main purpose is not to "ignite discussion." It's to inform us that there's an iPhone event on October 4th.

How does saying "I don't care for this" at all inform us of anything other than the speakers indifference?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Urza said:
Gahars said:
iFish said:

How does saying "I don't care for this" at all inform us of anything other than the speakers indifference?
I never said it did. It's merely unproductive and clutters the thread.

If one is indifferent, why post at all?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Urza said:
QUOTE said:
Uh, what? That makes no sense.

For example this:
457-HTC%20Hero%20four%20side%20view.png
wouldn't get a cracked screen (very easily).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
machomuu said:
Urza said:
Gahars said:
iFish said:

I never said it did. It's merely unproductive and clutters the thread.

If one is indifferent, why post at all?
No, you didn't ever say it did, but you said that its purpose was to "inform us that there's an iPhone event on October 4th."

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
Sure they're hating, but that doesn't mean they're not discussing. They're discussing that Apple's just milking fans for little innovation on they're product, which I personally have no objections about. Or do you have solid proof that they're not discussing?

On Topic: I don't know if it's worth it or not. I've never really liked Apple products (mostly because iTunes is crappy). Other than a hardware re-design, there hasn't been much info on it and it's not like Apple ever releases specific specs for their product, even after launch. My only concern for now is its price; I think the specs of their current products are good enough, so I never cared for specs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.