Appeal for homebrew/tool developer to help with Xbox/Xbox 360 digital game preservation

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
So basically dumping copyright games, then uploading them to the internet so other people can download them - It all sounds a bit like helping out a warez site to me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best I can think of is the xm360 server. I used to build databases for it, but things come and go, so it won't show everything thats ever existed. It doesn't let you pirate, but it has a database of container id's to know what's what.

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So basically dumping copyright games, then uploading them to the internet so other people can download them - It all sounds a bit like helping out a warez site to me.
This is about preservation of a store that is beginning to shut down.

The ship has long sailed with Xbox piracy, and this is not intended to contribute to piracy.

Best I can think of is the xm360 server. I used to build databases for it, but things come and go, so it won't show everything thats ever existed. It doesn't let you pirate, but it has a database of container id's to know what's what.
That is a useful tool but that's only "part of the puzzle" really.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is about preservation of a store that is beginning to shut down.

The ship has long sailed with Xbox piracy, and this is not intended to contribute to piracy.

That is a useful tool but that's only "part of the puzzle" really.
There is a Google drive with every xbla, xblig, their dlc and updates. As for retail games, I don't know. However, good luck getting anyone to do this project, because homebrew on the 360 is a joke and nearly all have moved on. You can get ahold of the devs left on therealmodscene site.

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a Google drive with every xbla, xblig, their dlc and updates. As for retail games, I don't know. However, good luck getting anyone to do this project, because homebrew on the 360 is a joke and nearly all have moved on. You can get ahold of the devs left on therealmodscene site.
Yeah, although the data quality isn't that great with current packs like that unfortunately. Thanks, I'll look at that site.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol