App2USB Is this possible... (regarding 9.00 Exploit)

GunzOfNavarone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have a PS4 on 5.05 and have a heap of games installed to an external USB drive using App2USB.

I also have a 2nd PS4 which is a later model and have set the 9.00 exploit on it.

Is it possible to use the hard drive from the 5.05 console on the 9.00 console so that I don't have to install of the games all over again? If I copied the internal game directory structure of the 5.05 console to the 9.00 console, so that the placeholder re-directs were there, is there some sort of tool to refresh the internal database so that they would work?

The only reason I ask this is to avoid the inevitable tedium of doing it all over again.

If anyone has any idea, it would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it might be possible with extended storage. sony made it to where you couldn't use an extended storage drive on lower firmware, but I don't know about the other way around. using app2usb may have been a mistake, because those games are linked with the internal hdd.

Reactions: GunzOfNavarone

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a PS4 on 5.05 and have a heap of games installed to an external USB drive using App2USB.

I also have a 2nd PS4 which is a later model and have set the 9.00 exploit on it.

Is it possible to use the hard drive from the 5.05 console on the 9.00 console so that I don't have to install of the games all over again? If I copied the internal game directory structure of the 5.05 console to the 9.00 console, so that the placeholder re-directs were there, is there some sort of tool to refresh the internal database so that they would work?

The only reason I ask this is to avoid the inevitable tedium of doing it all over again.

If anyone has any idea, it would be appreciated!

Thanks.
I believe you would have to re install - Good part is pkgs are already on USB saving 1 step.

GunzOfNavarone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe you would have to re install - Good part is pkgs are already on USB saving 1 step.

Yeah they are, that is correct, although it's such a tedious process as it means I first have to install them all to the internal drive and then once that's done, run app2usb and copy them back to the external. Damn it. Thanks anyway.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they are, that is correct, although it's such a tedious process as it means I first have to install them all to the internal drive and then once that's done, run app2usb and copy them back to the external. Damn it. Thanks anyway.
Copy pkg to usb only 1 time - Install it - run app2usb (Per setup) pkg will be instantly linked and no need to copy anything - Very nice.

GunzOfNavarone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Copy pkg to usb only 1 time - Install it - run app2usb (Per setup) pkg will be instantly linked and no need to copy anything - Very nice.

Oh sure I get that, I think I have about 20 games installed though. - And each takes about 10-20 mins to install to internal and then running App2USB which admittedly doesn't take that long, but I was just wishing to save some bother, that's all.

GunzOfNavarone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. I have 2 jailbroken ps4's on 9.00 using the same external HDD
Oh that is interesting, how did you achieve that? Did you copy the internal directory structure from one to the other? As if you plugged it straight in from scratch, the original CUSA install folders wouldn't be present?... I was wondering whether this would work.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that is interesting, how did you achieve that? Did you copy the internal directory structure from one to the other? As if you plugged it straight in from scratch, the original CUSA install folders wouldn't be present?... I was wondering whether this would work.
I had to reinstall every single game on the 2nd ps4(pro). So basically I had to move all the pkgs to the root of the exHDD again to install them 1 by 1 then use App2USB to move those games properly back into their folder on the external. So they now both share the same exHDD however I decided to keep ps2 games/updates/dlc on the internal HDD of my Uncharted ps4 since I do not want the the exHDD to be bloated with stuff.

Reactions: GunzOfNavarone

COLDfiction

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have games installed to both internal ps4 and extended ps4 will apps2usb move games from both ps4 storage areas to external HD? It seems to only move games from ps4 internal. PS4 extended nothing moves. If not is there another way to move installed games from ps4 extended as a batch keeping link similar to the way app2usb does to external HD in the same file structure that app2usb puts it in instead of moving games from larger ps4 extended to smaller ps4 internal to then move over to external hard drive several times?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have games installed to both internal ps4 and extended ps4 will apps2usb move games from both ps4 storage areas to external HD? It seems to only move games from ps4 internal. PS4 extended nothing moves. If not is there another way to move installed games from ps4 extended as a batch keeping link similar to the way app2usb does to external HD in the same file structure that app2usb puts it in instead of moving games from larger ps4 extended to smaller ps4 internal to then move over to external hard drive several times?
it doesn't move anything from your extended drive(ex HDD) you have to do that yourself manually, its only programmed to move content from the internal HDD. If only the ps4 could just load pkg's we wouldn't have to deal with tedious game installing.
And b/c I have so many games My pro will need a bigger HDD due to running out of space via game installing. Definitely need atleast 4TB internally

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I strongly suggest not using app2usb. use extended storage instead. if something happens to your system, all games are lost. extended storage can be used on any other ps4 or even 5 console as long as the account is the same.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use extended storage and tbh its great except when it comes to running the 9.00 exploit. I have to unplug the drive before running the exploit otherwise its a guaranteed kernel panic. With the drive unplugged i can run the exploit fine every time. Only problem is the scanning of the drive when I plug it back in, it takes ages to scan the 8tb drive before i can actually play anything. :(
Never had this problem when I used to use app2usb, but did have issues of the database being corrupted and everything needing reinstalling over again.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
I use extended storage and tbh its great except when it comes to running the 9.00 exploit. I have to unplug the drive before running the exploit otherwise its a guaranteed kernel panic. With the drive unplugged i can run the exploit fine every time. Only problem is the scanning of the drive when I plug it back in, it takes ages to scan the 8tb drive before i can actually play anything. :(
Never had this problem when I used to use app2usb, but did have issues of the database being corrupted and everything needing reinstalling over again.
I never unplug my extended storage, even with attempting to load the exploit, the success rate of the jailbreak is basically the same.

As for rescanning the extended storage after failed jailbreak well yeah, it takes a while unfortunately. But at least I dont have to worry about the corrupted database anymore, the worst can happend with my ps4 is loose all the apps installed on internal drive. which in my case, just a few like payload guest and apollo. The rest are installed on extended storage which is like 100+ of them.

Plus, 9.00 kex rarely KP in my console so I dont really mind the the very instance when it happens.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never unplug my extended storage, even with attempting to load the exploit, the success rate of the jailbreak is basically the same.

As for rescanning the extended storage after failed jailbreak well yeah, it takes a while unfortunately. But at least I dont have to worry about the corrupted database anymore, the worst can happend with my ps4 is loose all the apps installed on internal drive. which in my case, just a few like payload guest and apollo. The rest are installed on extended storage which is like 100+ of them.

Plus, 9.00 kex rarely KP in my console so I dont really mind the the very instance when it happens.
I'm pretty much guaranteed a KP if I have my drive plugged in. Unplugged I don't get the KP. Hopefully the next kernel xploit wont be usb based :)

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty much guaranteed a KP if I have my drive plugged in. Unplugged I don't get the KP. Hopefully the next kernel xploit wont be usb based :)
This is why I never use extended storage, always fucks up. App2usb has been a godsend and if you backup database your good. Plus extended storage has 8tb limit and I wouldnt be able to use the 18tb I was supplied to install. App2usb is the superior way to go. Just my 2 pennies after about 1 thousand installs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night