• Likes 41

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 137799 View attachment 137799

So today I played my MHGen game and eveything seems to be working fine until I bring both of the hacked Lv50 Cats with me with on quest with one weapon equipped with no Armor equipped on them.

So now my game crashes and both the cats levels goesback from lv50 back to lv20 wtf?

So now what should I do?
I saw what Wrathalos said, but it sounds more like armor in the weapon slot/a weapon in an armor slot/an empty weapon slot. The easiest fix, if that is the case, is to make a palico armor set with just a weapon (no armor needed), then apply it to the palicos

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I saw what Wrathalos said, but it sounds more like armor in the weapon slot/a weapon in an armor slot/an empty weapon slot. The easiest fix, if that is the case, is to make a palico armor set with just a weapon (no armor needed), then apply it to the palicos

I can't upgrade my deviant Weapon & Armor even if I bring the materials& tickets with me in a quest and send it back home via Cat Transpurrter still grayed out at smithy guy.

As for the Palico Cat Smithy I can craft the standard weak deviant Weapon & Armor for them but I cannot craft the S version of the deviant gear it's grayed out even if I bring the scraps with me in quest and do the transpurrter method unless I'm ment to bring the tickets with me ?

Just the one ticket or the whole lot as in I-X tickets?

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Back up the MHXX save, delete anything that wouldn't be in MHGen, export THAT save, then import the old backup to MHXX and the new backup to MHGen.

Are the saves backwards compatible? I tried making a clean XX save and importing it to Gen, and it just crashes the game on launch.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't upgrade my deviant Weapon & Armor even if I bring the materials& tickets with me in a quest and send it back home via Cat Transpurrter still grayed out at smithy guy.

As for the Palico Cat Smithy I can craft the standard weak deviant Weapon & Armor for them but I cannot craft the S version of the deviant gear it's grayed out even if I bring the scraps with me in quest and do the transpurrter method unless I'm ment to bring the tickets with me ?

Just the one ticket or the whole lot as in I-X tickets?
you have to complete the quest, too. Gathering quests doent seem to work so do an egg delivery or small monster slaying quest - if not one of the normal large monster quests. you should have enough pouch space for all 10 tickets, plus the scraps/materials.

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you have to complete the quest, too. Gathering quests doent seem to work so do an egg delivery or small monster slaying quest - if not one of the normal large monster quests. you should have enough pouch space for all 10 tickets, plus the scraps/materials.

Thanks for the reply apparently I found out a way around it here goes:

1. You do not need to complete any quest to upgrade your Deviant Gear Armor but you will still need to bring both scraps & one ticket into quest and use Transpurrter Guy to sent it back home.

2. To unlock the Deviant S Armor for your Palicos you will need to bring all the tickets with you for that monster example Hellblade Tickets I to X in a quest and use Transpurrter Guy to sent it back home.

3. It is impossible to upgrade your Deviant Weapons even if you have 99 materials or sent the materials back via Transpurrter Guy it won't work.

So the way I fixed this problem was craft any Lv1 Base Deviant Weapon or Mutiple Weapons of any Type and equip it or send it back to storage chest save your game and close the game.

Boot up homebrew and scroll down and find "MHGSV JK" which is a Save Import/Export program just press A to export your save.

Turn off 3ds take out micro sd card and plug into computer and open up APM MHGen Save Editor.
Now go to your weapons and edit it and change the Level 1 to Level 10 and save it.

Once you've import the save file back into your game via Homebrew MHGSV JK just boot up your game and look at your deviant weapons it will be change from Lv1 Base Weapon into a Lv10 Maxed Upgraded Weapon for you to use.

This method does not crash or break your game it's 100% stable and works fine for me.

20180804_170257.jpg

BranFlakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, this editor is not working for me. I keep getting something along the lines of "Value of ___ is not valid for Value" My save file i'm trying to edit is brand new and i'm not understanding why i'm having this problem (And new as in a I just started, walked straight to my ingame bed and saved. Nothing else after that). Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by BranFlakes,

FIuveeX

out of service!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hope this thread isn't dead.. The editor seems promising, but I can't use it 'til I export my save.
JKSM is unable to export it. I tried both versions (there's two different titles, I've found only one of them work for certain games), but both are failing..

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hope this thread isn't dead.. The editor seems promising, but I can't use it 'til I export my save.
JKSM is unable to export it. I tried both versions (there's two different titles, I've found only one of them work for certain games), but both are failing..

APM MHGen Save Editor works fine for me man as long you have Homebrew, Luma CFW+FBI+Boot Strap 9 on the 3DS with MHGSV JK to export & Import your save to you computer then you're good to go

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint works perfectly fine with it as well, it's a extra data save game which is probably why you're having trouble with JKSV, it's not in the usual save spot.

Reactions: iSharingan

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it explicitly failing or you just can't find the save? MH saves are saved as extra data, so they're in the JKSV ExtData folder, not the Save folder where you'd expect.

FIuveeX

out of service!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it explicitly failing or you just can't find the save? MH saves are saved as extra data, so they're in the JKSV ExtData folder, not the Save folder where you'd expect.
Yeah, it was just saying error to open save archive whenever I tried. All good, I worked it out literally just before I saw this. Thanks

SenpaiYojo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't sound like the reason. I've used that on a completed save too and it didn't lock the HR to 7.

I've gave "save editor" a try but when I load it to my system my rank drop from 300 to 7. What should I do about this glitch?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Save editor drop my rank from 300 to 7. What should I do?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gave "save editor" a try but when I load it to my system my rank drop from 300 to 7. What should I do about this glitch?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Save editor drop my rank from 300 to 7. What should I do?
First, please dont double post. Second, use your backup and don't use the 'unlock all ___' or 'complete all quest' options. I have a 100% complete save available in this thread that serves that purpose without the bug.

DrFlavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was asked somewhere earlier in this post, but is there a way to make a weapon with absurdly high attack that can one shot a monster? Either using this save editor or some other save editing methods?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was asked somewhere earlier in this post, but is there a way to make a weapon with absurdly high attack that can one shot a monster? Either using this save editor or some other save editing methods?
You cant edit weapons' damage as everything is hard-coded (and there are no relic weapons). You'd need NTR for what you describe (and even then, such a code already exists -and spoils all fun for the game)

thegrooseisloose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an awesome tool, thanks so much for sharing it. I do have one small problem.

I found earlier in the thread that it's possible to add in the crown sizes using a hex editor. I also saw that you need to use the character export/import tool in the OP. I downloaded it and can get it to display my character fine, but when I try to export I get an error message saying "Illegal character in path". I'm not sure what this means, my character name is just a normal text string. I don't see any way to edit where the character file will be saved, so maybe that's the issue?

I'm running it on Mac using Wineskin, which works perfectly fine for the main save editor. Don't want to have to buy the real Windows if that's what I need to do, but making the money to do that would be way faster than grinding the crowns out, lol.

Also, there wouldn't happen to be a way to just edit in the deviant quests being complete, would there? I see the big quest completer but I don't have all the other quests done yet. I don't want to sit through all the deviants since only the host gets the credit though, and I know they add even more in Ultimate so I was hoping to mark those done as possible. I'm such a cheapskate now haha

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone here confirm if it is possible to transfer my hacked Monster Hunter Generations 3DS Save Date to Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch ?

I've heard to transfer everything on 3DS to the Nintendo Switch Game it will get uploaded to a Nintendo Monster Hunter server before getting transferred into the Nintendo Switch Device Game.

My concern is will the Nintendo Server detect that i have hack my MHG 3DS game with 99 of all the materials & maxed out money with hacked Lv50 Palicos & like 8 OP charms with 3 slots in my 3ds save data.

Just wanted to confirm if it's possible or not otherwise I'll have to start new game on the Nintendo Switch MHGU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one