APM MHX/MHGen Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by APM, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Kricayus

Kricayus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    United States
    What do i do after getting on his discord? Theres no channchannechannchannel deticated to.catz files, or any channels dedicated to mhgen in general

2. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    there's no need for a .catz file if you are given the cat in-game. Also in the r/MonsterHunter discord there should also be plenty of people in the Gen room that can give the cats

3. yanhaot

yanhaot Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    Australia
    You must be in the wrong discord then. I got it from the MHGU general channel.

4. Kricayus

Kricayus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    United States
    Well, ive got one more question, is it possible, with save editing, to get a healing forte palico with both armor and demon horn? The doviikat in this thread has a bombing forte palico with palico rally equipped after all...

5. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    yes, its possible - but not particularly useful. The forte-specific first skills wont be used by AI cats unless it matches their forte (but you can use them as Prowler if you abuse void slots right). None of the loopholes in Gen work in GenU though.

6. Kricayus

Kricayus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2018
    United States
    Wait so will the doviikat not transfer to mhgenU? Also i forgot to mention whilst having the cheerhorn

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I understand the part of palico making that theres a certain amount of points each move uses and theres only so many points a palico can have, but what i for the kife of me cant understand, is how to find and match the rng number for moves and skills to what the palico has

7. Brianaoc60

Brianaoc60 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2018
    Venezuela
    Hello! Could someone export a good set of weapons?

8. Wrathalos

Wrathalos GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2016
    United States
    See the original post, Useful Stuff has several sets in it.

Brianaoc60 and iSharingan like this.
  9. KaiToshiki

KaiToshiki Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    France
    Hi, I'm new here. I don't understand how it really works. Is it ok if I extract my SD card from my 3ds and use a device to put it in my computer then edit my save file after, of course, making some back up ?

Sorry if my english sounds bad

10. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    The save is encrypted on your SD. You need homebrew to export an unencrypted version before you can edit.

11. GawdBran

GawdBran Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    Would it be possible to ask some to mod a gamesave (just all box items + zenny) then work with me to transfer the save to my switch? Or do I physically need both?

12. Jcase91710

Jcase91710 Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    Germany
    i just found out about this whole homebrew, save edit and hack thing on the 3ds

my new 3ds is on the firmware 11.6.0-39E...and thats all i know about it ._. what would i have to do in order to edit my save?

13. waldomagnum

waldomagnum Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    United States
    hello everyone i have a simple question:
    I can not find some items in the editor like for example: brach pallium, hyper brach cortex etc.
    Is there any way to get them with the editor?

EDIT: SORRY MY BAD GOOD WORK WITH THE SAVE EDITOR ;)

Last edited by waldomagnum, Jan 16, 2019 at 1:35 AM