APM MHX/MHGen Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by APM, Jul 15, 2016.

1. RinKisaragi

RinKisaragi Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    Malaysia
    Thanks a lot for those info, @iSharingan
    I've been trying to create a usable palico but to no avail as they all kinda end up with no action when enter quest so have been running the around with your ultimate bomb cat and have to say he's great. Was originally trying to see if I can abuse the skills using editor by giving them more than they could have equip normally in game like Crit L, Handicraft, Last Stand and so on guess that didn't go too well with the game check every quest. With that said, would you happen to have an Assist cat available since mainly I still run around and rang the monster more than I get close to them.

Last edited by RinKisaragi, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Yuusha-sama

Yuusha-sama Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    Philippines
    @APM what should I do after dragging and dropping the .catz file on the palico checker tool?

3. Yuusha-sama

Yuusha-sama Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    Philippines
    my game crashes whenever I talk to the palico armory

4. Yuusha-sama

Yuusha-sama Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    Philippines
    how about the decoration values?

5. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    this is most likely due to cats not having a weapon equipped/having a weapon equipped in an armor slot/having armor equipped in the weapon slot. If you imported cats, make sure you also duplicate your old palico weapons/armor box exactly. If that doesn't help, the safest action would be to just fire/delete all your cats, hire new ones in-game, then edit the new cats to match the ones you fired/deleted.

Last edited by iSharingan, Jun 12, 2019
  6. Yuusha-sama

Yuusha-sama Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2019
    Philippines
    @APM Mosgharl & Arc set(including high rank) are treated as if they don't exist if generated and can't be crafted in armory if used the "unlock all craftable armor"

7. Dynamite2boom

Dynamite2boom Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2019
    United States
    Hello, ive been trying to make a good bomb palico. It loads up fine --However, when ever I go into a hunt all its skills and move sets clears. It has nothing in hunting areas; i can go back and put them in however it clears as soon as i'm in a quest in both powler mode or hunter mode.

8. Zetta_D
    This message by Zetta_D has been removed from public view by Minox, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Spammy.
    Jun 26, 2019
  9. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    Same as all the others that have this issue, the game detected your palico as illegal. Skills and support action have specific patterns they must follow on the Learned lists. You can't just slap any skills/support actions on the cat and expect it to work.

If you really want an illegal bomb cat that works, use the one I attached here. This is the optimal boomerang bomb cat designed for raw damage and abusing the bombing forte's increased gauge for all actions (bombs give no gauge, sadly, so the bonus is wasted...) while in combat with a large monster. For it's weapon, use the F Silverwind Star. Do NOT use armor or it loses the effect of World's Strongest. It is set to use the top left slot of page 1 of your palicos' equipment box when first imported to your game (will always be a weapon if you have at least 1 F Bone Wedge and sorted you palico box or left the starting weapon where it was, so it shouldn't crash your game after importing it unless the slot is empty), so just give it a new weapon when you're ready to use it.

Bonus points: this cat actually becomes perfectly legal in GenU if you transfer your save (thanks to an extra slot each to teach skills/support actions in GenU), so just replace World's Strongest (the skill got nerfed hard in GenU) with Weakness Exploit (a GenU-only event skill. You'll need the event cat or a hacked cat with the skill to teach it in-game) and once you unlock all the memory to use for equipping skills (should be at about level 80), set Earplugs, Weakness Exploit, Crit L, Crit S, and Boomerang Pro (not possible in Gen due to lower limits). Optionally, you can also replace Go-Fight-Win with the new Far-cat-ster at the dojo in GenU. The new weapon to use in GenU is the F Seregios Edge XR (reaches 80% affinity when Weakness Exploit activates, plus white sharpness and high raw resulting in a net damage that which can't be beat by any other elementless cat weapon) and you're free to use any armor you want since World's Strongest wont be used.

Attached Files:

Last edited by iSharingan, Jun 27, 2019
  10. Ron1103

Ron1103 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2019
    United States
    Hey I’m not the smartest guy in the world and I don’t know these big technical words and codes and whatnot and I know it has been forever sense you made this save editor but does this use the proxy at all? That’s what I did in monster hunter ultimate

11. Wrathalos

Wrathalos GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2016
    United States
    Barely coherent to me, but here goes nothing:

1) This doesn't use any sort of proxy, it's a save editor, you need to pull a save from your 3DS via homebrew.

2) There's several "ultimate" monster hunters, you need to specify MH3U, MH4U, MHGU.

3) Hi.

Ron1103 likes this.
  12. Ron1103

Ron1103 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2019
    United States
    Oh ok thanks and yeah I’m going to have to figure out home brew to and it’s mh4u

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also is there a way I can use a proxy to hack it was like and editor but it used a proxy server?

13. Chow-Mein

Chow-Mein Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States
    Hi, all! Just save edited my file. Didn’t do anything crazy - unlocked hunter and palico armor, bunch of items in the item box, and customized some palicos. I hacked a fresh save file... HR1, 1 star Village (didn’t change these). The palicos are working fine in quest (no move/skill loss) but the palico armor is where I’m having trouble. I can view all craftable armor and weapons but it’s all greyed out. Take for instance the F Mizu Kasa armor, it’s listed but even though I traded for its scraps and I have all requirements, it’s still grayed out. What do I do?

And there’s a small issue with the hunter armor list as well. I have S. Magala parts in my item box but neither the Storge or Arc armor are listed.

Can anyone suggest a fix? Thanks!

To the devs: Awesome job!!!! :)

14. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    As has been stated countless times, simply putting materials in you box isnt enough. Take them on a quest then redeposit them.

Chow-Mein likes this.
  15. Chow-Mein

Chow-Mein Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United States
    I must have misunderstood bc I just put them in my pouch and redeposited before. Thank you, it works now! :)

16. Wrathalos

Wrathalos GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2016
    United States
    No.

17. hunter24

hunter24 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2018
    France
    This may not be the right topic to talk about but here it is. Due to not having mhx, in order to perform a transfer from mhgen to mhx to mhxx. Would it be possible to have a .catzx file of your godcat in order to put it on mhxx, please @iSharingan ;). If you have other palico says perfect and legal, I'm interested.

Last edited by hunter24, Jul 29, 2019
  18. Shindouz

Shindouz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    Malaysia
    Hey guys I have a question. I imported all items with set quantity of 65 each and I tried crafting some weapons. The odd thing is some weapon like le desir I'm not able to upgrade it to the final form because the upgrade button is grey out despite I have all the materials and money require and also its not like I don't have space in my weapon inventory. However some weapons I'm able to upgrade to the final form. I believe there is no I need to clear a certain quest to be able to craft this weapon I basically just need to craft it. Please advise

19. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    take the items on a quest. once you complete the quest, you can use the items you took with you when crafting.

20. iSharingan

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    Did some testing with .catz and .catzx files. You can convert .catz (Gen format) to .catzx (GenU) by adding "00 00 00 F1 FF" to the end of the .catz file (in a hex editor) and changing the extension. You lose the RNG pattern data and the cat's appearance when importing the edited file, but those can easily be set again in the GU editor. I'm pretty sure equipment data is also lost, so assign a loadout to any cats converted this way before viewing its summary or using it in-game to prevent game crashes.

You're welcome.

Important note: Double check your learned and equipped abilities and support actions on the cats, as I didn't test every possibility to make sure they transferred identically. Skills you cant edit in the GU editor shouldn't be affected - so primarily check any DLC skills. I'm fairly sure the IDs are the same for the old moves, but checking will only help in cases I'm wrong. If you're losing skills/support actions at quest start and you're sure the RNG values you set are correct, this one or more likely changed when 'converting'.

Last edited by iSharingan, Aug 19, 2019
    Wrathalos likes this.
  21. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2018
    United States
    I'm considering starting MHGU all over (200+ hrs in) just so that I can get a particular talisman that is theoretically obtainable in MHGU. However, from what I've found online, the talisman I want is not obtainable in Generations, even though it's obtainable in MHGU from an Enduring Charm. It's a 3 slot talisman with Spirt +5 & Crit Boost +4. If I were to buy Generations and use this save editor and create such a talisman, would I be able to create such a talisman and transfer it along with the character to MHGU via the Generation/MHGU Transfer Tool in Nintendo's eShop? I know I've read of where people have somehow managed to transfer ridiculously OP talismans into MHGU, and I'm hoping that I can get a legit obtainable talisman in, that I'll probably never be able to obtain via charm farming.

I appreciate any help in advance!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted