• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

SpiritRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I used it on the cats I always bring with me, and even after several quests they're still the same level.

2) Duh. I unlocked the cap ages ago, that's how I used my legitimately Lv50 cat to get a proper EXP value.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I used it on the cats I always bring with me, and even after several quests they're still the same level.

2) Duh. I unlocked the cap ages ago, that's how I used my legitimately Lv50 cat to get a proper EXP value.
literally the only thing that could cause that is not importing the edited save back to your game. It may be that you didn't put the edited save back on your 3DS, you saved the edits somewhere else (and thus put an unedited system file back on the 3DS), or something else entirely, but the end result is the same: the updated data is not getting into your game.

Last edited by iSharingan,

SpiritRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
literally the only thing that could cause that is not importing the edited save back to your game. It may be that you didn't put the edited save back on your 3DS, you saved the edits somewhere else (and thus put an unedited system file back on the 3DS), or something else entirely, but the end result is the same: the updated data is not getting into your game.

Considering the edits I made to the item box when I edited the Palicoes carried over just fine, that's clearly not the case. And I've used this editor multiple times now with no other problems, I know I have to import the save and I know where to save it.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just give the palico 9999999 exp or something, go on a quest, and it will set the level and exp back to cap.

RedScaledOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a place where I can download a savegame? I changed my SD card and forgot about MHG save system... I am.. smashed soo too say Q.Q

Could someone offer up there save file? I will of course change name time etc so you do not need too worry that you see yourself ingame.

I was fairly far inside the Game HR was somewhat 173 or so.. I could cry...

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 98% ready to share my save. I still have a few deviant quest lines to complete and 2 arena quests to get S rank on, but other than that, everything's done. Go ahead and start a save on your 3DS now and copy down the guild card ID and get the character looking how you want (so you can import the info later)

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, anything that's on the null slots and the ----- slot can be anything. Game doesn't check it for w/e reason
I guess the devs DIDN'T think of everything, after all.

yush my new fresh character is stuck in village 1 and all other villages are locked away.

this fresh character was on purpose created for test it so its ok.
lol The devs were pretty smart in their anti-hacking methods. Excluding palico null slots, anyway.

Is there a place where I can download a savegame? I changed my SD card and forgot about MHG save system... I am.. smashed soo too say Q.Q
Why didn't you copy all the data from your first SD card to the second? You could probably still do it, unless you've done something to the first SD card. (Like format it.)

Memphisto99

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Errr kinda lost here. Im new to this and just sick of farming so many runs of charms and not getting the one i need.
Complete computer noob here, anyone can teach me how to create a charm that i need? T.T

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr kinda lost here. Im new to this and just sick of farming so many runs of charms and not getting the one i need.
Complete computer noob here, anyone can teach me how to create a charm that i need? T.T
If you're a complete computer noob, then save editing isn't for you. Sorry.

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any other premade sets anyone can link me to :P?

looked at front page?

i've my elemental db sets, and i actually did finish completing my elemental pierce rapid fire elemental sets too, but you need to be more specific on what weapon your looking for.

Casca

Trophies
XP
Country
looked at front page?

i've my elemental db sets, and i actually did finish completing my elemental pierce rapid fire elemental sets too, but you need to be more specific on what weapon your looking for.
i already have the db's ;) im making sets for all weapons on an alt character to help a friend get to my hr so i thought i would just load in a crap tonne of sets to have fun with, literally all weapons.

ElderGodz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 98% ready to share my save. I still have a few deviant quest lines to complete and 2 arena quests to get S rank on, but other than that, everything's done. Go ahead and start a save on your 3DS now and copy down the guild card ID and get the character looking how you want (so you can import the info later)
Dude or Dudette Ill take the save like that....

maxho

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for putting all the work into making this editor!

I don't know if that's already been answered in this thread, but is there going to be the option of editing equipment's stats?
I'd just really like to edit my Dark Claw LS so it has 180 raw like all the other Alatreon weapons in the game and becomes usable.

bournejason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks for putting all the work into making this editor!

I don't know if that's already been answered in this thread, but is there going to be the option of editing equipment's stats?
I'd just really like to edit my Dark Claw LS so it has 180 raw like all the other Alatreon weapons in the game and becomes usable.
If I understand correctly this is impossible, the weapon data is in the cart, but you can just edit the save file which is in the SD card, so you cannot hack the data in the game cart

Reactions: iSharingan

BraderPatam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So can this editor edit arena quest completion? Pretty weird for me to have a barrage earing but havent done a single arena quest yet.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well @iSharingan basically figured out how the arena stuff works, now I just need a list of quests that matches each section
I gave you the list via PM when I first found the offsets :P
The order is Malfestio, Khezu, Najarala, Rathalos, Kecha Wacha, Plesioth, Brachydos, Great Maccao, Gypceros, Bird Wyverns with the first 7 being hunter quests and the last 3 being Prowler quests.
Each of the quests has 5 entries (all one after the other) and all entries are exactly 4 bytes long.
the first byte in the first quest is at 0xa0206 relative to the first byte of the player's name in the save slot (or 0x1108 from the start of the player's guild card)

As far as editing these, the rank is stored separate from the time, so you'll need to edit both if editing for all S rank. Also, while editing S rank onto the guild card works for the awards, you still need to complete at least one quest legitimately at S Rank to unlock all the gift items from the Arena Instructor.
@iSharingan Ill take that 98% save I can do the rest myself
before I release a version of my save, I'm going to strip it down so as to effectively force people to import their own save's game-specific data. Its going to take some doing to strip everything down, so I'd rather not do that twice. Patience my friend, patience.

Last edited by iSharingan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok