• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I finally found the offsets for the Coat, Clothing, Voice, Eyes, Ears, and Tail (not necessarily in that order) for palicos. For an exported palico, these seem to be at 0x10f, 0x110, 0x111, 0x114, 0x115, and 0x116. Can someone please confirm, as I'm away from my 3DS/game to test these?

EDIT: Actually just confirmed most of them myself. Here's where they should be (voice is the only one I'm not 100% certain on):

Code:
[Voice] 0x10F?
1 = Normal
2 = Higher pitched
3 = Lower Pitched

[Eyes] 0x110
0 = Normal
1 = Thin
2 = Sharp
3 = Doe
4 = Closed
5 = Scarred

[Clothing] 0x111
0 = Vest
1 = Apron

[Coat] 0x114
0 = Felyne
1 = Melynx
2 = Striped
3 = Monotone
4 = Two-tone
5 = Calico
6 = Tabby

[Ears] 0x115
0 = Normal
1 = Closed
2 = Attentive
3 = Perky
4 = Round

[Tail] 0x116
0 = Normal
1 = Round
2 = Crooked
3 = Bushy
4 = Long

Last edited by iSharingan,
Reactions: APM

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I finally found the offsets for the Coat, Clothing, Voice, Eyes, Ears, and Tail (not necessarily in that order) for palicos. For an exported palico, these seem to be at 0x10f, 0x110, 0x111, 0x114, 0x115, and 0x116. Can someone please confirm, as I'm away from my 3DS/game to test these?

EDIT: Actually just confirmed most of them myself. Here's where they should be (voice is the only one I'm not 100% certain on):

Code:
[Voice] 0x10F?
1 = Normal
2 = Higher pitched
3 = Lower Pitched

[Eyes] 0x110
0 = Normal
1 = Thin
2 = Sharp
3 = Doe
4 = Closed
5 = Scarred

[Clothing] 0x111
0 = Vest
1 = Apron

[Coat] 0x114
0 = Felyne
1 = Melynx
2 = Striped
3 = Monotone
4 = Two-tone
5 = Calico
6 = Tabby

[Ears] 0x115
0 = Normal
1 = Closed
2 = Attentive
3 = Perky
4 = Round

[Tail] 0x116
0 = Normal
1 = Round
2 = Crooked
3 = Bushy
4 = Long
Thanks for this, I'll add it to the editor tomorrow!

marcalo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a dumb question, but.. since mhgen places its save file on the sd card... why isn't there a way to just extract, edit, import all on the pc? Why deal with homebrew etc at all?

throwawaylupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question: My guild card's monster log in the game doesn't show Furious Rajang or Savage Deviljho. Is this normal? The result of the guild card tester is also weird. Because of the missing two monsters' data, everything below it is shoved up (Nakarkos and Alatreon should have had 23 and 21 total hunts respectively).

Attachments

• guildcardtest.PNG
    guildcardtest.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 247

PureFury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: My guild card's monster log in the game doesn't show Furious Rajang or Savage Deviljho. Is this normal? The result of the guild card tester is also weird. Because of the missing two monsters' data, everything below it is shoved up (Nakarkos and Alatreon should have had 23 and 21 total hunts respectively).

Furious Rajang, and Savage Deviljho seem to not count as separate monsters from the normal versions. I tried it and apparently the kills for savage/furious instead adds up to the their normal counter parts. Not sure about the Alatreon or Nakarkos hunts though.

have_full

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

don't worry it's normal. they combine it.
the guild card tester bit outdated. and the offsets is different. APM has updated his application with new offsets. u can edit the kill and capture count, and put it into ur guild card straight away

Furious Rajang, and Savage Deviljho seem to not count as separate monsters from the normal versions. I tried it and apparently the kills for savage/furious instead adds up to the their normal counter parts. Not sure about the Alatreon or Nakarkos hunts though.

in the system they separate the kill and capture count between normal rajang and furious rajang. it happens on deviljho as well.
but in GUI they combine it into 1 monster.

i have put the discription on my files already.
in the system alatreom and nakarkos, they have capture and kill offsets like normal monster. but I didn't give capture offsets for them, because it doesn't necessary

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe a dumb question, but.. since mhgen places its save file on the sd card... why isn't there a way to just extract, edit, import all on the pc? Why deal with homebrew etc at all?

because all data in ur 3ds is encrypted with unique code that every 3ds is different.
without homebrew u can't extract / export import ur data

Last edited by have_full,

PureFury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the system they separate the kill and capture count between normal rajang and furious rajang. it happens on deviljho as well.
but in GUI they combine it into 1 monster.

i have put the discription on my files already.
in the system alatreom and nakarkos, they have capture and kill offsets like normal monster. but I didn't give capture offsets for them, because it doesn't necessary
Ah, ok ya I see how it works there...

oh and @throwawaylupe I found out how to unlock the guild awards Bherna Village Moofahbell and such. Just do the quests related to each one (I did Watch your Steppe *HR6* and it awarded me the Bherna Village Moofahbell) So I'm guessing it's going to work for the similar ones for each village! Hope this gets to you.

Last edited by PureFury,

throwawaylupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks @PureFury and @have_full for the quick answers! About those awards, I've only unlocked two of them so far. Got the Kokoto award after clearing Guild 7 "Wyverns all around us" and the Yukumo award after clearing Village 6 "Out of the fry pan". There doesn't seem to be any patterns so far. Also, I did a ton of village gathering quests (for example A.Ridge for Pokke) and that didn't seem to do anything. I'll try clearing "Watch your steppe" tonight and let you know if it worked.

Last edited by throwawaylupe,

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I haven't fought Nakarkos and Alatreon when I made the guild card tester, but it doesn't really matter now since the save editor already has a guild card with actual correct offsets for the monsters. I'd suggest you to use the editor instead of the tester thing.

nuruhuine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm having troubles with the palico editor in version 0.13 (in version 0.11b too).
When i try to edit their level (usually to 40 or more), it actually works for only 1 quest. The palico won't retain that level beyond 1 quest and its level will actually drop back to the original value and sometimes even bellow :wtf:

Am i missing something here?
Is there a proper way to edit the level of a palico successfully?

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm having troubles with the palico editor in version 0.13 (in version 0.11b too).
When i try to edit their level (usually to 40 or more), it actually works for only 1 quest. The palico won't retain that level beyond 1 quest and its level will actually drop back to the original value and sometimes even bellow :wtf:

Am i missing something here?
Is there a proper way to edit the level of a palico successfully?
Pretty sure you have to unlock those levels first before editing it by doing quests.

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean that i actually have to take one of my palico all the way to 50 before i can edit other palicos lvl to 50?!

You have to edit the EXP also if you haven't cleared the level cap missions yet, they will always drop back down to their current cap. So if your current cap is 20 they will always drop back to 20, if it's 35 they will drop back to 35. But if youre not editing their exp at all then it doesnt matter what level you put them at the game will check their exp and either bring them down or up.

EDIT: Speaking of palicos has anyone managed to throw something like a Charisma cat with Piercing Boomerang+Emergency Retreat together? Or are we completely S.O.L. in terms of making 100% broken op cats xD

Last edited by Knitten,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Speaking of palicos has anyone managed to throw something like a Charisma cat with Piercing Boomerang+Emergency Retreat together? Or are we completely S.O.L. in terms of making 100% broken op cats xD
I'm currently testing a few things related to that that. give me a minute and I can tell you for sure if its possible (I stumbled onto something before which may have an extended, abusable application).

PureFury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@PureFury Hey, I just cleared Watch your steppe and I got the Bherna Village Moofahbell! Thanks for the tip :D Now I just gotta find the quest that unlocks the Pokke Welkin Stone.

Sweet, you got it, and thanks for showing how to get the other 2 rewards! I'll try to find how to find the Pokke one as well. I think I know where to generally look for it. There are icons for each village for the quest. Village requests are ones with the message icon on the right of the quest title box. Pokke is the grey circle icon! It's this symbol here.

Attachments

• flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
    flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 326

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn I think I cant