• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Trevor Perez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help? Every time I try to import my save via Ninjahax save manager and JK's save manager it says "can not access the savedata archive." Any suggestions on what to do?

Ben00310

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a few questions, How do I import a cat, what does the palico check tool do, is a there an unlock all armor pigments? Id rather not use the complete all quests edit as that ruins the game completely. Btw amazing job on the editor man, really impressive. Love your work. Nvm figured out how to import but I still wonder what Palico check tool does and how to use it. Ive dragged the .catz file into the exe. but all it does is tell me where the file is stored. Also as soon as I press palico skills, the game crashes. Not a big deal since the paico is set up well but it still kinda annoys me

Last edited by Ben00310,

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a few questions, How do I import a cat, what does the palico check tool do, is a there an unlock all armor pigments? Id rather not use the complete all quests edit as that ruins the game completely. Btw amazing job on the editor man, really impressive. Love your work. Nvm figured out how to import but I still wonder what Palico check tool does and how to use it. Ive dragged the .catz file into the exe. but all it does is tell me where the file is stored. Also as soon as I press palico skills, the game crashes. Not a big deal since the paico is set up well but it still kinda annoys me
You're not dragging it onto the .exe properly. You have to drag and drop it onto the .exe itself not the console

VivisClone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there A chance we could have the option to copy a save profile from save 1 to save 2 or 3? Thanks!

Can anyone help? Every time I try to import my save via Ninjahax save manager and JK's save manager it says "can not access the savedata archive." Any suggestions on what to do?
Make sure you are going to EXTdata. That's how I do it

Last edited by VivisClone,

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to make support moves usable after you've changed a palico's type? I changed my starter to a fighting type but it can't use ANY of the moves I gave it, even after I equipped them. :(

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to make support moves usable after you've changed a palico's type? I changed my starter to a fighting type but it can't use ANY of the moves I gave it, even after I equipped them. :(
the actions/skills need to be valid for the forte. Namely slots 1 and 2 for both learned and equipped on abilities
Anyone know how to equip an equipment to a imported cat? I keep on crashing whenever I try to equip it with something.
use a equipment set with just a weapon

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the actions/skills need to be valid for the forte. Namely slots 1 and 2 for both learned and equipped on abilities
They are. I changed teh first two to Furrious and Piercing Boomerangs respectively. The game won't let me equip them, despite being a fighting bias.

That being said, is there any reason why the program doesn't save my changes to the cats' appearances? I'll change Tabby to Two-Tone, click OK, open it up again, and it's back to Tabby.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are. I changed teh first two to Furrious and Piercing Boomerangs respectively. The game won't let me equip them, despite being a fighting bias.

That being said, is there any reason why the program doesn't save my changes to the cats' appearances? I'll change Tabby to Two-Tone, click OK, open it up again, and it's back to Tabby.
again chaeck that BOTH Learned abilities AND Equipped abilities have those two as the first two. Also make sure your learned abilities are the right pattern (and in the right order) for the RNG value

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@iSharingan

May I suggest an Assist Cat so you have Traps and Escape naturally, then for skills in the NULL slots put World's Strongest+Ranged Attack up+Crit up S+Boomerang Pro, because with an Assist Cat you can have both a Pitfall and Shock Trap, Big+Pierce Boomerang, Emergency, and one last Action. Or just do a Fighter Cat for the extra 30 Attack at level 50 also Assist Cats build the gauge faster than Fighters.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@iSharingan

May I suggest an Assist Cat so you have Traps and Escape naturally, then for skills in the NULL slots put World's Strongest+Ranged Attack up+Crit up S+Boomerang Pro, because with an Assist Cat you can have both a Pitfall and Shock Trap, Big+Pierce Boomerang, Emergency, and one last Action. Or just do a Fighter Cat for the extra 30 Attack at level 50 also Assist Cats build the gauge faster than Fighters.
True, but other forte's might help too. Forte-specific skills tend to cost more gauge (IE: Poison Purr-ision costs 5 while shock/pitfall only cost 4) and are of no real importance when compared to how each forte handles gauge charge rate and stat allocation. Bombing cat is on my radar because it gets increased charge rate just for being in battle (whereas healing does the same out of battle).

Assist is still looking favorable, as the set will still rely heavily on rangs (and assist gains gauge faster for ranged damage), but Bombing could still win out if it proves to have better stats than assist and still charge faster than Fighting.

As for skills, Ranged attack Up is a 10% increase and is inferior to Baddest Cat ever (even considering BCE is conditional on low HP), which in turn is inferior to Last Stand (the same goes for Crit up S - though Crit Up L barely beats out BCE). Literally the best set of skills is what I have there: Worlds Strongest (+50% damage, +100% def), Last Stand (flat +40 to both atk/def), and Boomerang Pro (Just dont die and you're fine. Even Last Stand and the best palico armor cant match the defense of WS+LS, much less missing the attack boost).

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again chaeck that BOTH Learned abilities AND Equipped abilities have those two as the first two. Also make sure your learned abilities are the right pattern (and in the right order) for the RNG value
My palico is level 3.
Its first move slot in both Equipped AND normal is Furrious, then Piercing Boomerangs. Its second moveslot in both equipped AND the move list is the exact same thing. I've changed nothing else except to add Big Boomerangs into slot 6.

I don't know what you mean by "make sure your learned abilities are the right pattern (and in the right order) for the RNG value" since...doesn't the RNG value just determine how many move/skill slots you have? I haven't altered that at all. Yet when I boot up the game and look at status screen, it shows "Not Yet Learned."

I found the perfect palico for prowler mode except that it had the horn move instead of piercing boomerangs, so all I really wanted to do was change that, but...

Some screenshots for proof
http://i.imgur.com/QN3fHX6.png

If it matters any, the palico's RNG is 010B for learned actions.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My palico is level 3.
Its first move slot in both Equipped AND normal is Furrious, then Piercing Boomerangs. Its second moveslot in both equipped AND the move list is the exact same thing. I've changed nothing else except to add Big Boomerangs into slot 6.

I don't know what you mean by "make sure your learned abilities are the right pattern (and in the right order) for the RNG value" since...doesn't the RNG value just determine how many move/skill slots you have? I haven't altered that at all. Yet when I boot up the game and look at status screen, it shows "Not Yet Learned."

I found the perfect palico for prowler mode except that it had the horn move instead of piercing boomerangs, so all I really wanted to do was change that, but...

Some screenshots for proof
http://i.imgur.com/QN3fHX6.png

If it matters any, the palico's RNG is 010B for learned actions.
you probaly replaced Detox Horn, which is a group 2 skill with Big Boomerangs, which is a group 1 skill. the RNG (seen on the same page as your palico's name in the editor) determines the order of skills by group. Put Detox Horn back and replace either Sumo Stomp or Excavator with Big Boomerangs (bc both of those other skills are not very useful).

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys confirm if putting skills in the null slots actually give the skills to the Palicos?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can. it does. And they're selectable in-game (not much point as they wont stay when given online and there's no need for that many skills). The only point would be if you wanted to have the effect of extra learned skills.

Note: putting too many skills (more than 6 total memory) in the active skills section will crash the game if you try to look at it and they;re removed on quest start, but the learned skill list is unrestricted except the last null slot (which will crash if not null)

Last edited by iSharingan,

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhhh just tried out your thingy with WS and LS, didn't realize that huge def boost cause I'm a derp sometimes :s

butttttt with your discovery of the NULL thingy I now have a palico HM Slave xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...