• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Pook and Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a question to anyone who successfully edited a Palico: Following the rules outlined in one of the posts in this thread (the one detailing how much certain actions/skills count toward a total of 8 or 9 if a charisma Palico), I was able to edit a good 6+ Palicos with no issues. One of them, however, has an issue where his skills get unequipped so I did something wrong with him, but I can't tell what.

I changed the Palico from Charisma to Fighting, and switched up his skill list thusly:

-Furricious
-Piercing Boomerangs
-Mini Barrel Bombay
-Herb Horn
-Shock Purrision
-Bounce Bombay
-Felyne Comet
-Soothing Roll
-Dung Bombay
-Big Boomerangs

From what I read, this should still total up to the 8 required, right? Shock Purrision is 3, and the rest following are ones, so it should follow the 3 1 1 1 1 1 criteria, shouldn't it?

The skills list, for reference, is : Crit Up L, Attack Up S, Handicraft, Negate Poison, Earplugs, Negate Wind, Boomerang Pro, Tremor Res.

This is less an issue of, "I absolutely want to use this cat" and more curiosity of, "What did I do wrong to avoid doing this again in the future?" I already replaced the cat by basically switching up actions on a Palico that was already fighting, and he doesn't get unequipped for whatever reason this one does, though the skill list is slightly different.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a question to anyone who successfully edited a Palico: Following the rules outlined in one of the posts in this thread (the one detailing how much certain actions/skills count toward a total of 8 or 9 if a charisma Palico), I was able to edit a good 6+ Palicos with no issues. One of them, however, has an issue where his skills get unequipped so I did something wrong with him, but I can't tell what.

I changed the Palico from Charisma to Fighting, and switched up his skill list thusly:

-Furricious
-Piercing Boomerangs
-Mini Barrel Bombay
-Herb Horn
-Shock Purrision
-Bounce Bombay
-Felyne Comet
-Soothing Roll
-Dung Bombay
-Big Boomerangs

From what I read, this should still total up to the 8 required, right? Shock Purrision is 3, and the rest following are ones, so it should follow the 3 1 1 1 1 1 criteria, shouldn't it?

The skills list, for reference, is : Crit Up L, Attack Up S, Handicraft, Negate Poison, Earplugs, Negate Wind, Boomerang Pro, Tremor Res.

This is less an issue of, "I absolutely want to use this cat" and more curiosity of, "What did I do wrong to avoid doing this again in the future?" I already replaced the cat by basically switching up actions on a Palico that was already fighting, and he doesn't get unequipped for whatever reason this one does, though the skill list is slightly different.
You likely forgot to update the RNG values. For actions, you need 040B and for skills you need the correct order: Attack Up S, Handicraft, Crit Up L, Earplugs, Negate Poison, Negate Wind, Boomerang Pro, Tremor Res (the first two are always in that order for fighting cats, followed by the group 2 skills, then the group 1 skills) and the skill RNG value 0109 (for the pattern 221111). Furthermore, note that all of the skills cannot be equipped at once due to 'memory' maxing out at 6 and each skill taking 1-4 'memory' when equipped.

Last edited by iSharingan,

Pook and Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You likely forgot to update the RNG values. For actions, you need 040B and for skills you need the correct order: Attack Up S, Handicraft, Crit Up L, Earplugs, Negate Poison, Negate Wind, Boomerang Pro, Tremor Res (the first two are always in that order for fighting cats, followed by the group 2 skills, then the group 1 skills) and the skill RNG value 0109 (for the pattern 221111). Furthermore, note that all of the skills cannot be equipped at once due to 'memory' maxing out at 6 and each skill taking 1-4 'memory' when equipped.

Thank you so much. My problem was that my skills were in the wrong order: I was doing Crit Up L, Attack Up S, Handicraft. Swapping the order to AUS, HC, CUL fixed everything and his skills stay equipped now when I add them at the Palico board.

Thanks a bunch, man. I have no idea how I kept overlooking the order of the skills and somehow got it right on each other Palico except this one, lol. You're a saint, thank you.

zer0ish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I started a spreadsheet for weapons with there ID# and Level# with names.
These are all Final Tiers of the weapons.
Only Hammer is complete so far, I will work on the weapons in the order you see in the tabs at the bottom.
I will work on armour once I finish the weapon ones. I can only do this when I have free time as I am also learning Custom Themes and Pen Testing, and have a job to go to.

Weapon ID/LVL

PureFury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to help a little with all this, and really appreciate the work all of you have to go through. I can try to help as well with anything you guys need (I can't do coding to save my life :(...).

Another idea to add for the editor...you don't have to do this ASAP, just throwing it out there. Would it be ok if you guys can add guild card award completion as well? No rushing though.

Last edited by PureFury,

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I started a spreadsheet for weapons with there ID# and Level# with names.
These are all Final Tiers of the weapons.
Only Hammer is complete so far, I will work on the weapons in the order you see in the tabs at the bottom.
I will work on armour once I finish the weapon ones. I can only do this when I have free time as I am also learning Custom Themes and Pen Testing, and have a job to go to.

Weapon ID/LVL
I compiled a list of IDs for weapons but not the levels if you want to look at.

Attachments

• MHX.rar
    42.6 KB · Views: 172

zer0ish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm done for the night with the weapons.
I managed to finish all Final Tiers of: Hammer, Bow, Great Sword.
Tomorrow I will continue.

Weapon ID/LVL

I compiled a list of IDs for weapons but not the levels if you want to look at.

Nice, but without the Levels people can't really add the exact weapon they want to their equipment box.
I'm just trying to make a clean looking easy to understand option.

Last edited by zer0ish,

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm done for the night with the weapons.
I managed to finish all Final Tiers of: Hammer, Bow, Great Sword.
Tomorrow I will continue.

Weapon ID/LVL

Nice, but without the Levels people can't really add the exact weapon they want to their equipment box.
I'm just trying to make a clean looking easy to understand option.
Yeah but it gives a rough idea of which IDs are for which weapons. Wanted to add in the levels but was too lazy to look through kiranico. :/
Best of luck finishing the sheet cause it looks much cleaner than my .txt files xD

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so someone probably asked and answered this but I'm new here and the faq answers confuse me so I'll just ask this: I maxed out all items and unlocked all palico equip. and armor, so why are most of the choices grayed out? (Should probably mention I edited my save right after starting a new game, and again, sorry for being an idiot.)

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Okay so someone probably asked and answered this but I'm new here and the faq answers confuse me so I'll just ask this: I maxed out all items and unlocked all palico equip. and armor, so why are most of the choices grayed out? (Should probably mention I edited my save right after starting a new game, and again, sorry for being an idiot.)
Do you have the items needed to make the equipment? Are they sufficient?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the Transpurrtor method that's mentioned under the FAQs.

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the Transpurrtor method that's mentioned under the FAQs.
For each set of equip? Or is there a way I can un-gray all at once with that method?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So basically you have 99 of the required items and yet the game still grayed out the equipment? That's weird, I'm not sure if there's a fix for that. :/

What equip did you try to make?
any equip other than the first three at the start of the list which ARE available

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
For each set of equip? Or is there a way I can un-gray all at once with that method?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

any equip other than the first three at the start of the list which ARE available
Disregard what I said, just listen to APM's advice with the Transpurrtor.

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess you cn unlock like 24 at a time.

Anyways, the blank ones are the ones removed by Capcom, just ignore those ones
Is there anything else besides scraps that i need to transport like tickets or special items? I'm halfway through the scraps list already and unlocked a lot of stuff so far and don't want to miss anything.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything else besides scraps that i need to transport like tickets or special items? I'm halfway through the scraps list already and unlocked a lot of stuff so far and don't want to miss anything.
You don't need to transport the scraps, those works it's just the DLCs and the Deviant Hunter I - Deviant Hunter X Tickets that don't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo