• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Zelkaar

Legendary Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Best guess, you're not exporting the EXT data. Or you're exporting your MH4U data (which is encrypted and needs a different editor, plus python script to decrypt it)
I believe I have encountered a stranger error. I tried opening the save in the Talisman editor, it tells me that my save is corrupt, even though it works perfectly fine on my N3DSXL. Any ideas?

Shindouz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can someone please reply me. I used the save editor and edited my mhgen save file and realized that there are some weapons which i could not craft and my biggest problem is my end game deviant weapons can't be upgraded for some reason even though I've had the sufficient ingredients however for deviant armors they are fine to upgrade. Why is that? Current rank HR 6

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please reply me. I used the save editor and edited my mhgen save file and realized that there are some weapons which i could not craft and my biggest problem is my end game deviant weapons can't be upgraded for some reason even though I've had the sufficient ingredients however for deviant armors they are fine to upgrade. Why is that? Current rank HR 6
its because you haven't delivered the materials after a quest. Simply adding them into your box isn't enough. To ensure they can be selected for use, withdraw them and take them on a quest with you. Use the "Transpurrtur" (cat with the hat and a barrel) to send the items back to your box, then complete the quest. They should be usable after that.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is an import folder with all the cats from this Reddit thread
Make sure you make a weapon set, and give it to the Palicos in game before you select them for use. Importing palicos does not import any weapons. Equipping a palico that does not have a weapon equipped will crash your game.

What does giving a weapon set to he Palico in game before selecting them for use mean? I inserted the files of the cats into a newly made save (lost everything thanks to a broken console) then opened the cat table in game to equip each of them with a weapon but it crashes before I can actually do that.

edit @iSharingan Sorry, I first tried to "craft" or "purchase" a "set" (= several items) but it crashed right when I received some wood scrap, so I thought I had misunderstood the advices and proceeded to do what I wrote.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does giving a weapon set to he Palico in game before selecting them for use mean? I inserted the files of the cats into a newly made save (lost everything thanks to a broken console) then opened the cat table in game to equip each of them with a weapon but it crashes before I can actually do that.
a WEAPON SET is not the same as giving a weapon. You CANNOT just equip a weapon normally or the game will crash, as if you tried to use a palico with no weapon. PLEASE READ EVERY WORD. You're still missing a step. I've explained this 3 times already and you still missed the functional word every time. This is the same system as saving an armor set for a hunter, but instead for palico weapons/armor.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@iSharingan I mistook "a set" for "to set". From what I tried, I also understood that those cats are permanently broken, right? (as soon as one in use doesn't have a weapon equipped, the game crashes)

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not permanently broken, all you have to do is equip a set from where it says "equipment set" on the palico board. If you don't have a set to equip, you can easily make one, copy it from a non-broken cat if need be. Then, equip that equipment set to your 'broken' palico, and it will be fixed automagically.

If you still can't fix it, upload your palico in a PM to me and I'll fix it so it gets the weapon from the 1st slot of your inventory.

Beakershell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
They are not permanently broken, all you have to do is equip a set from where it says "equipment set" on the palico board. If you don't have a set to equip, you can easily make one, copy it from a non-broken cat if need be. Then, equip that equipment set to your 'broken' palico, and it will be fixed automagically.

If you still can't fix it, upload your palico in a PM to me and I'll fix it so it gets the weapon from the 1st slot of your inventory.

I downloaded the 10 optimal cats from the first post's useful link. I still triggered error when using palico boards, can you help me to fix it?

Edit: I found a palico armor and weapon list. Do I just put the ID + equipment type and save it?

Edit2: Nope. Now my save file is corrupted.

Last edited by Beakershell,

gregoire

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, for me have a problem because my pc crash when i copy all and now i have anything all is gone so someone can help me?

Agharta30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just popping in to say that the 2nd item list need a slight fix, there's 101 item not 100 so you might have to watch out while adding them to check if the next box page have an item in it or not.

Reactions: Wrathalos

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AyanamiRei @Beakershell in the future:
f6f94f665a1245758d2b08ca35701b00.png

If you need to fix your cat, the easiest way to do it is export it from the editor and change your cat's values to the above values. This tells the game that this palico's weapon is from the first slot in the box and it is not wearing any head or armor piece. Import it back into the editor and save it. Voila, fixed cat.

@Agharta30 Thanks!

@gregoire Sorry, but that is way too generic, are you saying you lost your save file? The editor itself? Or is this homebrew related?

Lerhein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting a crash while checking the palico board :s what i did was to change the exp value of my palicos.. anyway if i delete all my palicoes it will fix the problem?

Beakershell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@AyanamiRei @Beakershell in the future:
f6f94f665a1245758d2b08ca35701b00.png

If you need to fix your cat, the easiest way to do it is export it from the editor and change your cat's values to the above values. This tells the game that this palico's weapon is from the first slot in the box and it is not wearing any head or armor piece. Import it back into the editor and save it. Voila, fixed cat.

@Agharta30 Thanks!

@gregoire Sorry, but that is way too generic, are you saying you lost your save file? The editor itself? Or is this homebrew related?

what software was that? the one you're using to edit the code to 00 00 FF....

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant to say, 'using a hex editor, change your cat's values'. Any one will do, HxD, Hex Workshop, Notepad++, etc.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Wrathalos Thanks for the answers and suggestions.
After more uses of some of those cats, Inoticed another problem: the abilities (the actions they activate during missions) I equip them with are systematically removed after each mission. In the end, i'll probably erase them all since they are more troubles than a solution to get my cats back.

I'll try to find someone who still has some of the originals for a trade, I guess...

choibonaobra

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey APM I would like to contribute a little bit to this thread, This post is about the best Elemental Dual Blades + Set to them. (So there are 5 sets) Dragon, Thunder, Water, Fire and Ice

These are PERFECT Elemental Dual Blade Sets. (Before you import, make sure you import them in a box space which is empty. I myself saved them on box 5. Equip them all once and register them as sets, then you can sort them again if you want)

where do i put them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi