AP Biology Exam tips?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG I take my AP Biology test next MONDAY! Do you guys have any recommendations on what to study or tips in general? It is my first AP and I am really afraid of doing poorly, considering freshman Biology was difficult for me. I only took AP Bio because I want to do something in the medical field. I bought the Cliff's AP book, and Martha Taylor's Student Study guide for Campbell Biology 8th edition. Any tips would be great!

Luigi F Mario

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i loled b/c you double posted topics, and i replied to the first one. then i came to this one and replied again b/c i thought my post didn't show up so i edited in LOL

-Luigi F Mario

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just relax when you take it
make sure eat a good breakfast the morning you take it
and dont study too much the night before.... it doesnt help

hehehe AP bio sounds easy compared to my AP US history test i have to take on friday.....

essays, free responses, and multiple choice.... lol

and oh btw dont guess unless you eliminated most of the answers, leave the ones you dont know blank
cuz i believe they take 1/4 points off if you get something wrong

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have AP Euro friday too. Blargh.

My advice is get good sleep, eat a breakfast, and bring a snack.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
yes, mints are important just as important as they refresh your mind and stay off any funny clips, they wiped out everything in ur head and filled it with funny clips and believe me, doing a test and laughing for no reason isn't good news
frown.gif
... I made this mistake for my major exam but thank god, i am able to bullshit my way through geography
biggrin.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do lots of practice questions and essays and you'll do fine on the test.

The test itself is pretty easy actually, I scored a 5 on it even though I had a B for both semesters of the class.

The books I used were 5 Steps to a 5 and Sparknotes, both were extremely helpful but it's probably too late for you to get them now.

Good luck and remember not to stress out.
smile.gif

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's a tip: count your blessings. This year's AP test was toned way down from what it was last year (I got a 3 btw). If you don't know the answer to one of the free response questions and you have time left over, write your teacher a letter, they get them back
biggrin.gif
(after scraping the bottom of the barrel for whatever points you can get of course)
Also - demon is right, the 5 steps to a 5 is a great study guide, but probably too late for you

QUOTE said:
Ha, I have to take the AP Bio exam as well.. but on Monday, May 11th
Seeing as all AP tests are given at the same time in the US, I'm going to go ahead and say that you both are taking it on the same day.

QUOTEand oh btw dont guess unless you eliminated most of the answers, leave the ones you dont know blank
cuz i believe they take 1/4 points off if you get something wrong
If you can eliminate one, you have a net gain in points. The 1/4 point subtraction thing is just a way of neutralizing guessers. Think of it this way, you guess on 5 questions, you have a 1/5 chance of getting them right, in the end you got 1 right and 4 ( x 1/4 = 1) wrong. Now say you eliminate one obviously wrong answer for each of them, your chances of getting them right are bumped up to 1 in 4, so in 4 questions you will get 1 right, and 3 (x 1/4 = 3/4) wrong, giving a net gain of 1/4 of a point

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Don't stress out about it
2. Make sure your body can take hours of testing at a time because it will get tiring
3. Bring a small snack. Something like an energy/granola bar or something healthy. Not totally sure about this but, I don't think you can eat during the test. Just bring the snacks for the breaks in between.
4. Maybe find a friend who will sit next to you during the test. No, not to cheat. But if you sit next to one of them strangers that like 1) are sick 2) shake their legs 3) do other annoying mannerisms, then you will be distracted during the test. Likewise, don't do any distracting things during the test because you want to respect your seat partner and also, they can cancel your test if they think you are cheating.
5. Practice. Just for this week, take 1-2 hours a night to practice. If there are any previous AP Bio tests online or something, then take it to get a gist of what kind of questions they ask.

I have 1 this Wednesday (AP Calc AB) and two next week on Wednesday(AP Eng) and Tuesday(AP Chem)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1