osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the recommended way to get better sleep:

-set a schedule. Try and fall asleep and wake up around the same times every day
-wind down before sleep. It's harder to go to sleep when your blood is pumping and your mind is racing (usually brushing your teeth, getting into pjs, that sort of thing is a good start)
-Avoid bright lights and noises while you sleep. The best sleep is in complete darkness and silence
-seriously, avoid bright lights. lack of light is how your brain knows it's time for sleep (light=sun=day=wake up. dark=night=sleeeeeeeep). A bright cell-phone tells your brain "HEY IT'S DAY WHY YOU SLEEP", as does a room full of glowing Power/Charging lights.
-avoid eating a few hours before sleeping. Don't need your blood pumping to digest dat food
-avoid caffeine or other stimulates 4 hours or so before bed (varies from person to person; caffeine affects people differently. still a good idea to try though)
-use you bed ONLY for sleeping (and *cough* activities). This way, when your body hits the bed, your brain knows what you want and is more likely to comply
-try and not lay down on couches or anything bed-like during the day
-be fit and in shape/exercise at some point during the day, just not right before bed
-eat healthy and drink plenty of water (just not right before bed :P). Your body can rest easier when it's got all the stuff it needs to recharge properly.
-warm milk may help. but eh.
-learn practices to help clear your mind and allow yourself to fall asleep(just being swept away by what your brain shows you, with no conscious awareness of what it's showing you...sort of thing?). This one is a bit more abstract, but is achievable. It can be difficult though, if you're a worry-wart like I am
-have a bed that you're comfy with. Very subjective, but you really need to figure out what kind of bed suits you best (hard/soft, spring/foam, etc). Go to a store and try them out. I'm sure there's some guide out there to help you figure out what will work for you. Save up and spend the cash to get the one that suits you best. It's a super important purchase. (pillows and sheets/comforters too)
-have a fairly cool or cold room (68F-72F is average, I think, but that depends on the individual as well), so you're at a consistently comfy temperature under blankets.

I'll add more as I think of them, but doing all of these will help in getting to sleep and having better sleep.

Last edited by osaka35,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c