Question Anyway to update games after superban?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Vdubers, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Vdubers
    OP

Vdubers Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hey so looks like i'm superbanned. Is there anyway to update the games manually or a good database for updates? A bunch of my games no longer boot because it says i need an update. I'm on sx os 1.5 and fr 5.02. Thanks for the help

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Use something like CDNSP GUI to manually download the updates before installing them with something like Tinfoil or DevMenu.

Vdubers and Draxzelex like this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    games no longer boot?

4. Vdubers
    OP

Vdubers Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks so much that fixed it.
    Both Kirby star allies and Donkey Kong weren't booting due to asking for an update. Somehow the update must have been corrupt but due to the superban I couldn't fix it. CDNSP GUI sorted it all out.
    Thanks again

5. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    But I thought CDNSP wasn't working either. We need an archive of game updates online somewhere. The waters are getting dangerous

6. kofman13

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    what is superban, how do you get superbanned, and what can you still do/not do on your switch with superban? just trying to get educated because im interested in switch home brew

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  8. kofman13

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    read this through and its very helpful! so it seems that if i delete my home wifi, go offline. Then backup my original clean/untampered switch OS, THEN do whatever hacking i want offline, then before going online i restore my original OS, then i will be fine because there will not be a trace of hacked system online. BUT the link you sent me to doesnt explain how to backup original unhacked OS and restore it.

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well you would just use Hekate to backup the unhacked boot0/boot1 as well as raw eMMC GPP but I suppose I could squeeze that detail in there somewhere.

ZachyCatGames likes this.
  10. kofman13

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    yea for super noobs like me :)