Anyway I can open this package without damaging it?

susbaconhairman

I am the official skribbler
OP
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I bought a sealed Nintendo DS Starter Kit from eBay, but it feels precious and old so I wanna preserve the packaging. Can I use IPA or a hairdryer to melt the glue a little, or do I have to cut it open with scissors (I at least want to keep the paper insert)? Also, what is the Nintendo DS Travel Case, Game Library, and Transpak that is advertised on the back of the package, and where can I get them?
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, good old "blister packaging" as it was called. I don't think there's any good way to get it open without using scissors and carefully cutting along the top edge so as not to nick the cardboard insert.

That said, and I'm not trying to be a downer, to my untrained eye I'm not sure what makes it very precious. I bought packs similar to these back when the DS was new (granted 3rd-party and not officially Nintendo branded, but still). I wouldn't feel too guilty about cutting it open, as I doubt this pack will be a collector's item.

I can see the styluses being worth something, as Phat-sized ones became difficult to find once the DS Lite came out. Maybe the car-charger too since the charging port changed with the DS Lite as well, though for that you could just get a generic USB charging cable. The headphones look generic and the game cases are a dime-a-dozen. The overall DS case could be good, though I'd have to hold it in my hand to make a better judgment there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-