Hacking Anything out there to encrypt/decrypt save files?

Doctor Qwerty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been looking for something like that so I can mess around with the data inside them and such.

Just dumping the whole NAND won't help because I still need a way to get it back onto the Wii, and the Save Extractor/Installer won't help for WiiWare or VC games.

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doctor Qwerty said:
Been looking for something like that so I can mess around with the data inside them and such.

Just dumping the whole NAND won't help because I still need a way to get it back onto the Wii, and the Save Extractor/Installer won't help for WiiWare or VC games.

They aren't encrypted afaik.

Wad files have a copy of the original save file included. You would dump the nand, get the updated save file along with the entire game, repack it into a wad, and re-install. This is just in theory of course, I don't think anyone has bothered to test.

Before you ask, there is absolutely no standardization amoung save files as to where they are stored in a wad, and what their data contains.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use GeckoOS to remove the copy flag and then copy the data.bin to your SD card and use Segher's Wii Tools to encrypt/decrypt the saves.

The tools are for Linux only.
I suggest Ubuntu or Linux Mint.
Download them (for free, paying for OS is a crime) at ubuntu.com and linuxmint.com

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
Use GeckoOS to remove the copy flag and then copy the data.bin to your SD card and use Segher's Wii Tools to encrypt/decrypt the saves.

The tools are for Linux only.
I suggest Ubuntu or Linux Mint.
Download them (for free, paying for OS is a crime) at ubuntu.com and linuxmint.com

He needs the keys for his wii too... right?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's called xyzzy from HackMii.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum